ncl dawn beds and bathrooms

wanderlust88

hi everyone..

can anyone tell me how the bedding is on the dawn? Is is like the newer ships with all the nice bedding etc? How comfortable are they? My son (22) and I are cruising.

Also, the bathrooms..whats the deal with sliding door? does anyone have a picture? Is there a shower door, or a curtain that sticks to ya?...

I love the bathrooms on RCCL Voyager class ships with the "beam me up scotty" shower doors...LOL

anyways..looking foward to our thanksgiving getaway...

thanks for all the info..

hi everyone..

can anyone tell me how the bedding is on the dawn? Is is like the newer ships with all the nice bedding etc? How comfortable are they? My son (22) and I are cruising.

Also, the bathrooms..whats the deal with sliding door? does anyone have a picture? Is there a shower door, or a curtain that sticks to ya?...

I love the bathrooms on RCCL Voyager class ships with the "beam me up scotty" shower doors...LOL

anyways..looking foward to our thanksgiving getaway...

thanks for all the info..

anyone?????

We Were On The Dawn Last January In A Minisuite And The Bathroom Had A Tub And A Partial Shower Glass. The Bedding Was Not The New Soft Comfortable Bedding Just A Regular Mattress. I Don't Know If Since Then They Changed The Bedding. The Balcony Had A Sliding Door. We Loved The Ship And Had A Great Time. The Staff Was Great. The Food Could Have Been Better. I Would Still Go On The Dawn Again.

Wanderlust88.....

Was just on the Dawn in August. If you are in a regular balcony cabin it will be 2 lower beds which we found very comfortable. The bedding was a quilt/comforter (somewhere in between) not too thick....not too thin which was covered in a duvet.....quite nice. The bathroom was in three sections.....middle area was the sink/mirrors........left side was the shower........and right side was the toilet. The three areas were seperated by glass doors........no more attacking vinyl curtains! Hope this helps.

Beds on the Dawn are not updated and are in fact very thin ( this in the owners suite ) we asked for an "egg carton" and it was a help but not the most comfortable beds or pillows. The duvet is comfy though.

Hope this helps.

thank you to everyone that responded...

I love that the bathroom is separated in 3 parts...

no shower curtain from hell either...yes!

I am looking forward to sailing NCL, i have read a lot of great things..and i Just love cruising...and i have a BALCONY...the ultimate place to sip a cup of coffee and listen to the waves...

looking forward to meeting everyone...

ps i thought i was a cruise addict til joining this site....you guys put me to shame...LOL...

:p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thank you to everyone that responded...

I love that the bathroom is separated in 3 parts...

no shower curtain from hell either...yes!

I am looking forward to sailing NCL, i have read a lot of great things..and i Just love cruising...and i have a BALCONY...the ultimate place to sip a cup of coffee and listen to the waves...

looking forward to meeting everyone...

ps i thought i was a cruise addict til joining this site....you guys put me to shame...LOL...

:p

I got off the Dawn on sunday and I found the beds to be comfortable and the pillows I thought were great.

The toilet area of the bathroom is very small. You may have to back in! ;)

The shower area is also kind of small but with the removable nozzle it worked out fine.

I was in a BA if that matters.

I got off the Dawn on sunday and I found the beds to be comfortable and the pillows I thought were great.

The toilet area of the bathroom is very small. You may have to back in! ;)

The shower area is also kind of small but with the removable nozzle it worked out fine.

I was in a BA if that matters.

thanks mr. lee...

i am also in a BA.

Were there ice cream machines/soft serve?

POOHISME2

Cool Cruiser ,

How do I get to your webshots link? I'd love to view your pics of the Dawn. We are sailing on her this Sunday.

Look under Sherrie's (POOHISME2) signature and click on the link to webshots!

Great pics, Sherrie!

The beds were terrible, very thin and lumpy. I had to spend several nights on the couch because the beds killed my back. The head wasn't bad at all. You walk in and there is a sink, to your right is a shower w/glass door, to your left is a commode also w/glass door. About the rest of the ship you can read my critique of the DAWN cruise critic. com under kevieedie NYC-NYC 10/ 07.

and I am Very particular when it comes to linens. (my family calls it crazy/obsessed--hey I like to spend alot of time in bed!)

Our king bed in our balcony on the dawn was 2 twins joined together and quite comfy, not the super luxurious sheets I have at home, but not too bad either. it had a quilt and a duvet, I was concerned I would be cold since it seemed thin, but it did the job nicely.

Archived