Carnival Spirit Aft Questions

lucyddr

I am interested in booking the 4 aft cabins and adjoining 4 suites (including 2 wrap-arounds) for the Carnival Spirit in 2009. I was wondering if all of the balconies could be opened to allow for 1 large balcony for our group. (That way we could spot wildlife from either side of the ship without going to public decks.) According to cruisedeckplans, this cannot be done. But, they say that about the Miracle room 7258 which definitely can be opened on either balcony side (we know because we stayed in that cabin and ours was open on sailing day). Any info would be greatly appreciated, as this definitely affects whether I want to spend $30k+ or go with cheaper non-adjoining balconies or simple ocean view rooms.

We were on the Pride in a corner wrap-around and had friends in several of the aft cabins and the suite next to us and not all the dividers could be opened according to the pursur, they will only open so many on the ship at one time and we also heard that some of the aft ones don't open anyway because of the shape of the ship there.

30,000+ for a cruise?? wowsers

For an alaska cruise a balcony is really a must --unless you want your experience tobe shared with hundreds of other people sharing the public decks and hankering for a "good" spot along the rail.

I wouldnt be booking cabins on the premises that we "COULD" open up the balconies all the way across.

On deck 4- the whole row across the back can be opened up- the dividers are taken off instead of opened up. (I just dont think the side ones could do that- not sure

On some decks-- the divider can open on one side but the othr side is a metal partition and not a door. so empress deck you cant do that.

(you do not want deck 5 as those two corners are not true suiites and not worth the suite price at all. and the side balconies have a crew stair case there.

Like the above poster stated-- only a limited amount of dividers can be opened on this class of ship- and the purser might not feel comfortable having the whole aft opened like that.

Yeah, it's about 30k for 4 suites and 4 aft balcony rooms with 18 total people (16 adults and 2 kids). I just wanted us to be able to spend time together as this trip will truly be a "once in a lifetime" experience for about 8 people in our group. I also think it would be ideal to be able to see off both sides of the ship. I'll look into things more and make my decision by the time that the new dates for 2009 open up. Thanks for the info.

The side suite is just one big cabin. Unlike the corner one that will be broken down into sections where the seating area is seperate from the sleeping area. (these cabins are truly worth the money.)

Lucyddr

DH and I had our first aft cabin last year on the Spirit, cabin 7351. The balcony was very small. The lounger, from the slider to the balcony rail barely fit. If you wanted to put people out on the balcony to view the scenery best bet would be to move some of the balcony furniture inside, that's how small the balcony is. Good luck and happy sailing!

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

the aft balconies are much bigger then the cabins on the side in the same category. I agree that lounge chairs dont fit out there but then they would not fit on a side one of the same cat either as they are rather narrow.

Archived