My Cruise Ship is passing me by !!!

jckvpa0

Well kinda of sorta, it's leaving from Boston heading to Newport, it has to go by the Cape !!! Can't I just run to the bottom of the street, hop in the water and swim for it !

How the heck do you make these last few hours fly by? I have already packed. My hardwood floors are being done while I'm gone and I have to clear out most of my first floor tomorrow but the clock just seems to be going tic, tic, tic !!! It's driving me crazy, :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that a date [you can substitute "cruise" for "date" here] is made up of three time periods, anticipation beforehand, the date itself, and the memories afterwards. By that logic, then, these last couple days are one-third of your vacation, so maybe it's good that time is going by slowly.

Or, maybe not and I'm full of crap, but in any case, reading the above at least knocked a few interminable seconds of your waiting period!

Have a great cruise -- hope you enjoy the Crown as much as I did!

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that a date [you can substitute "cruise" for "date" here] is made up of three time periods, anticipation beforehand, the date itself, and the memories afterwards. By that logic, then, these last couple days are one-third of your vacation, so maybe it's good that time is going by slowly.

Or, maybe not and I'm full of crap, but in any case, reading the above at least knocked a few interminable seconds of your waiting period!

Have a great cruise -- hope you enjoy the Crown as much as I did!

I think you meant the "cruise itself" instead of the ,"date itself",at least I hope so cuz the cruise is the best part :D !!! I must say this comes into a very close second to the pre- planning ! I so love the before cruise part except for this part !

I'm not sure what I meant -- I'm so tired (too much dissertation research, not enough sleep) that it took me four tries to get that post written coherently! Anyway . . . yeah, I agree, the preparation is always so much fun, but the last few days do seem to drag by -- unless, of course, you're a champion procrastinator like I am, in which case that final 48 hours is a blur of last-minute hair appointments/shopping/nails being done -- well, you get the idea. However, someone who actually thought to schedule floor refinishing in her absence is clearly WAY more organized than I, and I am in awe of you.

Well kinda of sorta, it's leaving from Boston heading to Newport, it has to go by the Cape !!! Can't I just run to the bottom of the street, hop in the water and swim for it !

How the heck do you make these last few hours fly by? I have already packed. My hardwood floors are being done while I'm gone and I have to clear out most of my first floor tomorrow but the clock just seems to be going tic, tic, tic !!! It's driving me crazy, :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I grow up on the cape, an i do hardwood floors an i to am wait for my cruise. but i live now in ohio, no ocean no beach just lake erie an it smells. at lest you see the ocean every day. i lived in falmouth. seeya happy cruisen:cool:

Is it Christmas Eve ? Sure feels like it !!! I woke up at five this morning without an alarm :eek: ! That's OK, just have to get through this longggggggggggggggggggg day! This time tomorrow we should be almost at the airport.

Is it Christmas Eve ? Sure feels like it !!! I woke up at five this morning without an alarm :eek: ! That's OK, just have to get through this longggggggggggggggggggg day! This time tomorrow we should be almost at the airport.

I woke up a full hour earlier than normal too, and got to bed much later than usual. (WOOHOO Go Rutgers!!)

And I have a VERY busy day at work today, then we have to drop the dog at my sister's, finish the final packing and TRY to get some sleep!

This time tomorrow I'll be up and wearing the biggest smile in the UNIVERSE because that long awaited day will FINALLY BE HERE!!

ONE MORE WAKEUP!!!

jckvpa0 - Same with us....we are on an American flight at 8 AM to LGA. It was the 7 AM but that one got cancelled. Are you on the same plane?

Like you, I was wide awake (okay somewhat "wide") thinking about everything that I need to get done today. I had only gotten off of my flight from Buffalo at 11:30 PM......2.5 hours LATE! I got home here to NH close to 1 AM. (Fog was the problem.) I hope it is a long day so I can fit everything in!:eek: :rolleyes:

The best news is that ......We are going on a cruise tomorrow!!:D :)

Judy the fog was really bad last night, I kept looking at the Crown bridge cam and you couldn't see a thing ! Seems like they are going to have a better day in Newport than I first thought, (doesn't it just kill you that our ship is so close!),. Now if they could just get the heck off our ship.

I have an 8:00 am flight on Jet Blue into JFK.

Do you think they will show the Red Sox anywhere on the ship. I really need to know as to avoid it. If I even peek at the game for one sec., we loose :eek: !!! So if anyone sees me watching the game throw me out !

Ok, time to clean out the fridge, and empty out my first floor !

Seeing the Crown in Brooklyn all the time has been hard to do. We sail in 15 days from SJU for the southern caribbean and the anticipation has been building for a while now. She'll be in tomorrow for all you lucky people going on the repositioning cruise, so have a great time!

Just smiling at your post...after 3 previous cruises, I'm finding that these last few days before just don't get any better, lol. I leave next weekend, so I'm just about in the same place.

Signed, your friend in countdown h*ll, lol.

I work on the Navy base in Newport and have a direct view from my office window out to the harbor, seeing "my" ship each Friday (the Crown) has been killing me! Not to mention the fact that this time of year there is a ship there a few times a week! They could have at least scheduled it mid-week, Fridays are hard enough as it is without daydreaming all day of my upcoming Crown cruise in January!

Such a tease!

Crusinfromri - I hope you got a good look at her today because you won't be able to see her again until you board !

Ok, house is empty, fridge is clean, hair is washed and pressed,(it's a 2 hr event), and now it's Miller time !!!

I work on the Navy base in Newport and have a direct view from my office window out to the harbor, seeing "my" ship each Friday (the Crown) has been killing me! Not to mention the fact that this time of year there is a ship there a few times a week! They could have at least scheduled it mid-week, Fridays are hard enough as it is without daydreaming all day of my upcoming Crown cruise in January!

Such a tease!

Where do you work. I was stationed at SWOS in the early 90s. Loved the view from my Captains office of the bridge and the bay.

I did get a great look at her today, right through the fog as I left work. (she hasnt been getting there the past few fridays until after I am already hard at work!).

Very sad, this is the last up close view I will get before I board in January, but good at the same time, maybe I will actually get some work done on Fridays now!

Where do you work. I was stationed at SWOS in the early 90s. Loved the view from my Captains office of the bridge and the bay.

My husband and I both work at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (so we have a slightly further view than you most likely had!) Still, I am lucky enough to be up on the hill with a view straight across the parking lot at the ships, (unless of course a large SUV parks in front of my window!)

My husband and I both work at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (so we have a slightly further view than you most likely had!) Still, I am lucky enough to be up on the hill with a view straight across the parking lot at the ships, (unless of course a large SUV parks in front of my window!)

OK that is a nice view. I loved it up there. We were in the base housing right off Burma Road and would sit out in the backyard and watch the boats go up and down the bay all the time. We still make it there occassionally to visit some friends who are still there.

Archived