Clarification on beverage policy

Everything you carry back onboard,goes thru the XRay machine where they can see whats inside.............if its liquor, they will keep it, tag it and return to you the last night..

Non alcholic drinks(soda,water),no problem.you can keep them.

I saw the post with the RCL policy on bringing alcohol onboard. When you return from a port are they physically checking bags, etc. for beverage containers? what about sodas etc.?

When you come back onboard from the ports they send bags through an x-ray machine and also physically check your bags. At least they did on Carnival. This will be my first cruise with RCCL.

I saw the post with the RCL policy on bringing alcohol onboard. When you return from a port are they physically checking bags, etc. for beverage containers? what about sodas etc.?

I've walked back onboard with a bottle of coke in my hand but nothing like a 6-pack or case.

Thanks for the input. It's been years since our last cruise, this will be our third, can you tell me approx. what drink prices are running now for beer, wine and mixed? It's not that we're big drinkers but I'd like an idea of what to budget. Also, I saw where some offer a wine package with dinner, can you take the bottle back to your stateroom if you don't finish it?

Mixed drinks and wine run about $5.95 plus automatic 15% tip. If you buy a drink of the day it is automatically served in a souviner glass and the price goes up about $2. Save money by requesting a regular glass. Yes, you can take the unfinished wine back to your cabin.

"Add 15% gratuity to all prices below"

There is always a "drink of the day". It's $4.95 without the souvenir glass. These will be margs, Blue Monday, Coco Loco, etc. Some of them are pretty darned good!

I usually drink highballs and they run about $6 each. DH drinks martinis and they are $8.95. Wine varies - anywhere from about $5.50 per glass up to much more. Bottles of wine are expensive. Don't know if you can bring it back to your room, but I know for sure they will hold it for you to the next night.

One important thing to note about the mixed drinks, most of the bartenders have a very heavy hand with the liquor bottle. So that $8.95 martini may have close to 4 ounces of liquor. I have never felt that I was getting ripped off when I bought a mixed drink. Wine, on the other hand, is overpriced.

Archived