Published onboard credits denied with FCC onboard credits

BJS

There was another thread about being denied $100 onboard credit on an Alaskan cruise because of having TA discounted fare which Princess said was too low to give published onboard credit but they are also denying for other reasons.

We booked directly with Princess using FCC for a Holy Land/ Egypt cruise and now on Princess.com they are offering $150 onboard credit per room. They refused to put it on our booking saying it is not combinable with FCC onboard credits.

I find it very interesting that if you book a cruise using FCC, and thus get an Onboard credit, you are not allowed to get Onboard credit if Princess decides to offer them on the cruise.

Yes, the advantage of using the FCC is the $100 deposit but seems like by using this you are penalized should they offer onboard credit just for booking.

Looks like once Princess gets your money for Future Cruises they no longer feel they need to entice you to book. They only seem interested in rewarding those new to Princess with all of these onboard credits, luggage, etc.

Their Marketing Department must realize once we are "hooked" on Princess they don't have to do anything else to entice us to book.

There was another thread about being denied $100 onboard credit on an Alaskan cruise because of having TA discounted fare which Princess said was too low to give published onboard credit but they are also denying for other reasons.

We booked directly with Princess using FCC for a Holy Land/ Egypt cruise and now on Princess.com they are offering $150 onboard credit per room. They refused to put it on our booking saying it is not combinable with FCC onboard credits.

I find it very interesting that if you book a cruise using FCC, and thus get an Onboard credit, you are not allowed to get Onboard credit if Princess decides to offer them on the cruise.

Yes, the advantage of using the FCC is the $100 deposit but seems like by using this you are penalized should they offer onboard credit just for booking.

Looks like once Princess gets your money for Future Cruises they no longer feel they need to entice you to book. They only seem interested in rewarding those new to Princess with all of these onboard credits, luggage, etc.

Their Marketing Department must realize once we are "hooked" on Princess they don't have to do anything else to entice us to book.

I think they make up the rules about OBC as they go, I really do.

There was another thread about being denied $100 onboard credit on an Alaskan cruise because of having TA discounted fare which Princess said was too low to give published onboard credit but they are also denying for other reasons..

I actually wonder if this situation was because the person was booked into group space, not because the agent discounted the cruise on top of the group space.

I had a refusal once because I was booked into group space. Princess was offering OBC, wine and preferred dining but they said it was not combinable with my agents group space (and then my ta discounted from there). I could book at the higher rate code and get the incentives but it didn't make sense.

Why don't you cancel and rebook? You can save your FCC for another time. Or does that $150 OBC come with a higher price tag?

The price of our room has gone up $100 a piece but that doesn't even come into play. The price had nothing to do with the OBC denial.

To re-book it would come with a much higher deposit and we don't want to put all of that extra money out for a cruise that is 13 months away. We would also get $50 less in OBC than the $200/two we now have.

Princess customer rep even agreed that we were being penalized for using a FCC for the booking. She checked and came back saying "they are not combinable".

You know, that's what I like about Future Cruise Credit (FCC)

It costs $100

When you book, that $100 is used as your deposit.

Then they give you an onboard credit, essentially giving you your money back, especially if you book a balcony cabin.

That same $100 pretty much covers the automatic tips.

So, for letting them get the interest on $100 for about a year, I get

a lesser cash outlay when booking a cruise and then my money back for the cabin I prefer. That sounds like a deal.

So what's the problem? That you didn't get a little more OBC? :confused:

The price of our room has gone up $100 a piece but that doesn't even come into play. The price had nothing to do with the OBC denial.

To re-book it would come with a much higher deposit and we don't want to put all of that extra money out for a cruise that is 13 months away. We would also get $50 less in OBC than the $200/two we now have.

Princess customer rep even agreed that we were being penalized for using a FCC for the booking. She checked and came back saying "they are not combinable".

Thanks for replying. I can understand why this wouldn't be combinable deal. I don't think you are being penalized. You made a better deal, don't tie up money in deposits, and get more credit. I'd be whistling and patting myself on the back.

Booking promotions are out there to entice people who don't have FCC's or haven't sailed with Princess. They're a separate deal. You got the better bargain, enjoy it.

There was another thread about being denied $100 onboard credit on an Alaskan cruise because of having TA discounted fare which Princess said was too low to give published onboard credit but they are also denying for other reasons.)

That was my post.....Princess didn't say anything about my FCC deposit or OBC credit from the FCC - Just that my TA Discounted price was too low to have the Princess $100 OBC on top of that! HHHMMMM!

FYI - If you really want to re-book - You will not need another FCC - Princess will give you back the FCC from your canceled booking - so you would be back to a (new) low deposit, AND your FCC credit......BUT if you can't get the previous lower price and your same onboard credits - it wouldn't pay to do that!!!

It looks to me, as if these new onboard credits overred by Princess that are popping up, are just another way of lowering the price to attract more customers.........

Now - If Princess were lower the cruisefare, our TA would just adjust our previous cruisefare to the lower price.........

I think Princess has caught on to this, so is now offering OBC with their cruisefare to get away with having everyone's previous cruisefare lowered!

Isn't this annoying! - keep a watch on the Princess pricing (I am) - Princess may lower the actual cruisefare if they don't attract enough new customers with just the OBC.

It seems to me as if the Alaska cruises are not booking as quickly as they hoped.

I'm surprised that your Holy Land/Egypt is not filling quickly - that usually is a very popular itinerary?

Gook Luck!

Renee............(aka GotToCruise) :D

Archived