Taxis at Faa'a airport

nattie

Hello all,

We are arriving at Faa'a on Sunday late at night - 11pm Tahiti time. And I was wondering if there will be taxis at the airport at midnight-1am? We need to go to Sofitel (no idea how far is it from airport).

Thank you in advance for amy info.

There will be or at least there were plenty of them when we arrived at 12:30 a.m. The taxi drivers know when the cruise ship folks are flying in and make sure that they are available for them.

You might also contact the hotel directly and see if they have a mini bus of something to pick guests up. I know a couple of hotels that ran shuttles back and forth to the airport.

Charlie.

Ia orana

Taxis work with the crazy airlines schedules so no worries then

The Hotels in Tahiti do not have shuttles nor minibuses (with the noted exception of Le Meridien with their daily free trips to town)

The Sofitel Tahiti ( ex Maeva beach my home 27 + years ago ) is just a mile away from the airport.

Enjoy FP

meherio ( readjusting to his land legs after a week aboard the Haumana in the waters of Rangiroa. Trip report to follow.)

Ia orana

The Hotels in Tahiti do not have shuttles nor minibuses (with the noted exception of Le Meridien with their daily free trips to town)

The Sofitel Tahiti ( ex Maeva beach my home 27 + years ago ) is just a mile away from the airport.

Enjoy FP

meherio ( readjusting to his land legs after a week aboard the Haumana in the waters of Rangiroa. Trip report to follow.)

Hi meherio,

If we booked everything through Princess (Air, hotel, cruise) and it says it includes transfers, how do they get us to the hotel from the airport? Also the hotel to ship? Do they just use the Island taxi?

Looking forward to reading your trip report!:)

Ia orana

your travel documents will indicate which transportation company that will take care of you

Enjoy FP

Meherio

Good to know. We are too far away yet to receive the travel documents, I'm guessing March for them? Looking forward to everything about this cruise, even receiving the documents! Thanks for the replies.:)

We booked transfers with Princess in Tahiti and Princess met us at the lobby of the airport. Look for the Sea Witch (Princess Logo) on a sign and they will have your name on a list. We had a full size bus for our group that took us to one of three hotels. I looked up in our old paperwork and the transfer was $20 pp. That was back in '04 though, so I'm sure it's more now.

We've always used the Princess transfers, in spite of the cost (and sometimes that isn't the issue), it's just easier and more relaxing to not have to sweat about such things upon arrival or departure.

Charlie

We booked transfers with Princess in Tahiti and Princess met us at the lobby of the airport. Look for the Sea Witch (Princess Logo) on a sign and they will have your name on a list. We had a full size bus for our group that took us to one of three hotels. I looked up in our old paperwork and the transfer was $20 pp. That was back in '04 though, so I'm sure it's more now.

We've always used the Princess transfers, in spite of the cost (and sometimes that isn't the issue), it's just easier and more relaxing to not have to sweat about such things upon arrival or departure.

Charlie

Thank you Charlie, I agree about using Princess for the transfers. The extra cost is worth more than the worry of getting to the hotel, ship, or plane on time.:)

As I said in another thread, we took a cab -- no problem at all. It was $35 including luggage. They took dollars. Princess was $30 per person. Also, we left the ship 45 minutes later than the people who took the princess bus, and we were right behind them in the check in line. Also, when you pick up you luggage on the pier, the Princess guys help you put it in the cab.

good to see you made it home kusscate and was kewl to meet ya

I found getting the price in XPF agreed before going HEAPS cheaper than using US Dollars

It was 2500 XPF from the port to Radisson (29US) or $40US (3200 XPF) if I paid in USD

so a lil tip from the locals .... yes they take USD but they make you pay for it

hope that helps

:)

Good to know. We are too far away yet to receive the travel documents, I'm guessing March for them? Looking forward to everything about this cruise, even receiving the documents! Thanks for the replies.:)

Which cruise are you doing? We are on the May 8 sailing on TP....

Ia orana

Consider going there as a traveller not a tourist. It is worth your while (and some money) to pay the exact price in the local currency!

Exchange a few Dollars at the airport (yes the bank is open even late)

Meherio

Ia orana

Enjoy FP

I was trying to remember the name of the hotel--Maeva Beach--my home twice in 1979--thanks for jogging my memory--

Nancy:D

message above--need to pay attention to where I type

Again Thanks

Nancy:D

Hi uikbsn:)

We will be sailing with you!!

How exciting! You need to go to the roll call and join in! It's very small now - only 2 of us there - but it's exciting to talk about plans! I know as time approaches we will get busier!

Archived