Liquor was not delivered to cabin; what can I do?

TravlGrl

My husband and I just returned from the Mercury 3-night PNW cruise. This was our first Celebrity cruise, not that it really matters, but I'm hoping for some advice from you veteran Celebrity cruisers. Here's my question --

On our first night there was a liquor tasting on-board. We were lured in :) to taste the Amarula cream. We LOVED IT! It was one of the many liquors available at a "sale" price, duty free. We went to the on-board liquor store, purchased the special 2 for $24.95 and proceeded to shop for 5 other bottles of specially priced liquor for an upcoming holiday party at our house. So, we purchased 7 total bottles for $91.00. We were told they would be delivered to our stateroom on our last night, and that we could not consume it on-board.

The last night arrived, and our boxed up liquor was waiting in our room after dinner. All of the boxes were taped shut, and our names were written over the seals. We took this to mean that Celebrity/customs/whomever would be able to notice if we broke the seal and opened the boxes, so we left the boxes closed. Upon arriving home from the ship this morning, we opened our boxes to find that we only received 5 of the 7 bottles of liquor.

We called Celebrity who told us to call Starboard Cruise Services (they operate the on-board liquor store). Starboard told us it was Celebrity's mistake and that they should have delivered all 7 bottles. We called Celebrity back and they said we must deal with Starboard and complete a return form. We aren't returning anything!! We just want either our missing liquor or our refund.

Soooo? What the heck do we do? We live 7 miles from the port, so it would be really easy for us to pick up the liquor, but understand that logistically it probably wouldn't work and probably isn't even allowed. I am just tired of the run around. Who should be able to resolve this???

P.S. Next time around, I will just open up my boxed liquor in my stateroom and check my purchases, but we thought we were following the rules/law by not doing so.:confused:

First thing I would do is dispute the missing liquor charges with the credit card company you used for your onboard charges. Then continue to pursue this with Celebrity making sure you document who you talk with(get names), times of day and an accurate wording of what was discussed and what they told you. It is important to dispute with the credit card company in a timely manner to protect yourself for the goods you did not receive and to get a refund of those charges. Let Celebrity know you have done this. Keep trying and good luck as it may be a long drawn out process but don't give up!!

Who took your money? Celebrity did. They took your moeny, they promised delivery, they failed. I'd be after them for the refund. Do what Croozin said and dispute the charges with your credit card... since that mean X won't get paid, they'll be more open to listening to you. Good luck.

Moral of story to the rest of us... open the boxes and count the bottles.

Mistakes happen. I don't mind mistakes. I just hate having to fix them after the fact. It's so much more work.

As well as contacting your CC company, I am assuming the cost of the liquor was debited to your on board account, so as others say, this is an X issue. I would also email customer services to ensure that they are aware of the issue as it is effectively a dispute about your onboard account.

Sorry to have heard about your problem and hope it is resolved soon

A

Great feedback. Thank you! I am calling Celebrity again and pushing the issue as an onboard account issue; I will also put this in writing in an email to them, and finally I am contacting my Visa credit card today to dispute the charges.

I will update you as this gets resolved, and thank you for the feedback!

I promised to report back on this. This is tentatively resolved. :) Celebrity asked me to call them back today when they could access my Folio. When I called back today, I approached this as an on-board account issue and re-explained everything. They are crediting my credit card for the missing liquor, and it will take 3-7 biz days to hit my account. There was not even any discussion about blaming the on-board liquor vendor. Bottom line -- Celebrity failed to deliver the goods and is taking responsibility.

Case solved...unless of course that credit doesn't go through for some reason.

Thanks for helping me to stop the run-around I was getting!

Archived