Hello from the Fantasy

Cruising89143

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is them!!!!!!!!! You made my day I was worring about them!! I love it they won the Newlywed game!:) I am so excited I can't hardly type.:eek: Pat has had alot of sad things in her life for the last couple of years, this is a new begining for her. We are so happy for her and sounds like honeymoon is going good. She is a sweetheart!!

So glad they found you some sunshine today. Do you have any idea where you are?

Again I am allways amazed at the info on thease boards!!!!!! It is so nice of you to keep us posted. Wishing you smooth sailing and more sunny skys!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Mary

Whoops a double post answered below.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is them!!!!!!!!! You made my day I was worring about them!! I love it they won the Newlywed game!:) I am so excited I can't hardly type.:eek: Pat has had alot of sad things in her life for the last couple of years, this is a new begining for her. We are so happy for her and sounds like honeymoon is going good. She is a sweetheart!!

So glad they found you some sunshine today. Do you have any idea where you are?

Again I am allways amazed at the info on thease boards!!!!!! It is so nice of you to keep us posted. Wishing you smooth sailing and more sunny skys!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Mary

Mary, when you see Pat, ask her what she and Joe were doing sitting out on their balcony in their underwear?:D That spilled the beans on that one.

When we left Pt. Canaveral on Thursday the ship went due to south past the Keys to the Florida Straits. We have been here since. I could actually swim faster than we are moving. This is cruise ship alley as all the ships are doing here criss crossing each other while we wait out the storm. Nice sunny weather again today and the seas are very calm.

Gordon, just out of curiousity what is the attitude like of the crew and the passengers given the circumstances for the "extended" cruise. Have you had a chance to speak to any of the "evacuees"?

Well everyone was given notice upon entering the terminal that we may not be back until Tuesday morning. That gave anyone the chance to back out before boarding.

I have found no one and I mean not one person that has been nasty at all. Everyone is in good spirits. The crew is great.

Lenny our CD did state several times that Carnival would keep the Weather Channel on so that those had homes in the path or family involved could keep up with Frances but so far we have only had two hours yesterday. That may present problems as Francis makes landfall today.

Tonight is the "Hurricane Deck" party at sea. Should be a great time.

Well, time for lunch. Take care everyone.

Wow! $90 for a last minute cruise to nowhere that would get you out of the way of Frances. I would say that a cruise would have to be my evacuation route for future hurricanes....but I have one problem. They would not allow me to have my two cats! And there is no way on Earth that I would evacuate and leave my two fury friends to fend for themselves. I guess I will try a last minute cruise next time something causes lots of cancellations! Have a great cruise! The only cruising that we will be doing is in the potential 20 inches of rain that we are expecting.

How is the food, I have read that it is pretty bad..... Let me know what you think. I sail the Fantasy Nov. 4th..

Thanks!

Imagination 5/02

Zuiderdam 5/03

Fantasy 11/04

The subject of food is always subjective as everyone has different taste buds. I have found nothing wrong with the food at all. Personally I find people that travel on the mass market lines and expect five star gourmet food and that is not going to happen. Put it this way. I am not going hungry!!!:D Carnival has added the Taste of Nations section to the lido dining room. A nice addition.

Glad to hear you're okay and having fun! That was a great price that Carnival offered the last minute cruisers. I'm sure you're all much safer where you are than being in Florida right now!

Having a good time. We are not coming back until Tuesday morning. I am wondering where they are going to place all of the ships Tuesday.

Seas today are a little more rough. We are about 75 miles southeast of Key West. Nice and sunny though.

Well time for lunch. :D

There really isn't any port they can go to! Freeport and Nassau are not ready to receive passengers (check the TV)... passengers knew it would be a "cruise to nowhere" and it's just been extended. We've been re-routed etc. several times due to storms. A friend on RCI ship left Aug 28 and they only had two port calls due to the storm, will be back tomorrow they hope.. but she loves sea days and they are safe so it's not been an issue.

If you book during hurricane season you have to be flexible AND always, always shoudl purchase cancellation /trip interrupt insurance... we get it every cruise but this hurricane will hopefully show how important this can be!

There really isn't any port they can go to! Freeport and Nassau are not ready to receive passengers (check the TV)... passengers knew it would be a "cruise to nowhere" and it's just been extended. We've been re-routed etc. several times due to storms. A friend on RCI ship left Aug 28 and they only had two port calls due to the storm, will be back tomorrow they hope.. but she loves sea days and they are safe so it's not been an issue.

If you book during hurricane season you have to be flexible AND always, always shoudl purchase cancellation /trip interrupt insurance... we get it every cruise but this hurricane will hopefully show how important this can be!

Actually Disney pulled out right behind us and they went to Cozumel so Carnival could have done the same thing. I have to admit, I am ready to get off of this ship. Four sea days are too many for me. I know now that I could never do a Atlantic crossing. There are quite a few kids on here and they are bored and you know what happens when they have nothing to do. I am now looking forward to December and my Navigator OTS cruise. I am ready to visit some islands.:)

After hearing the price that Carnival is giving those in need. It makes me feel proud to sail with them. I know some people are going to say but they are only offering them that special to fill the boat which is true in a way BUT there is no way with what you get on the boat that they are making money.:)

[quote name='Txcruisers04']makatjean..when are yall going on the Sensation?

We are going on the Ecstasy Nov.11 we will see the sensation in Cozumel!

Thanks[/QUOTE]

we will be saling on the Sensation on Nov. 15th out of NOLA and will be in Cozumel on the 18th....if you go to C&C, please save us some booze...lol

Have a great cruise!!!

[quote name='cruisingator2']Actually Disney pulled out right behind us and they went to Cozumel so Carnival could have done the same thing. :)[/QUOTE]
I would think that the docks may be full according to their schedule and they didnt have any arrangements for port charges etc. Just a guess.

Well I am glad to be home.:) While I enjoyed myself I was glad to see land today.

We arrived in Miami this morning around 6:00 along with the Glory, Mariner OTS and the Imagination which stayed in port last night. The Fantasy is scheduled to stay in Miami until Thursday and will sail for Pt. Canaveral at 5:00 PM if the port is reopened.

On Monday evening Carnival gave passengers three options. The first option was to debark the ship in Miami on Tuesday morning on your own which means at your own expense to find your own way home. The second option was to stay on the ship and be transported by bus to Orlando International or Pt. Canaveral to your car on Weds morning. The third option was to stay on board and take the ship back to Pt. Canaveral on Thursday.

We chose to leave the ship in Miami this morning. I was ready to come home plus I needed to get back to work. Also there is no guarantee that the port will be opened by Thursday in Canaveral. We took a taxi to Budget Car Rental at Miami airport and then went straight to Pt. Canaveral to grab our rental car there. It was a little out of the way. We left Miami at 10:00 this morning and I was in my house in Atlanta by 8:30 tonight.

I feel that Carnival did a very good job overall keeping everyone up to date on the changes. Most of the passengers took the changes in stride. I do feel that this morning they dropped the ball when we were debarking the ship. No one was there to give information or directions and it was not a pleasant ordeal. Mass confusion to say the least. I had to laugh as one couple got really mad when we were not off of the ship at 8:00 as previously stated. They had us in the Universe lounge and all of a sudden the shades dropped and a movie screen was lowered. This couple went crazy and they started ranting. The husband actually got on the phone and called Senator John Kerry's office and stated that we were being captive by Carnival. He also stated that he was calling the FBI. I don't think that he carried it that far. That was too funny.
Overall a good cruise. The ship was in great shape, very clean and the crew was great as usual.

[quote name='cruisingator2']......I had to laugh as one couple got really mad when we were not off of the ship at 8:00 as previously stated. They had us in the Universe lounge and all of a sudden the shades dropped and a movie screen was lowered. This couple went crazy and they started ranting. The husband actually got on the phone and called Senator John Kerry's office and stated that we were being captive by Carnival. He also stated that he was calling the FBI. I don't think that he carried it that far. That was too funny.[/QUOTE]
OMG.... I guess it's an understatement to say that they really wanted to get off the ship!

Glad to hear you're back safe and sound!

Thanks for keeping us posted about the status of the Fantasy cruise. We were two of the 1200 that cancelled our trip. I was curious as to where the ship went and how everyone fared. As a Florida resident, I think I'll wait until after hurricane season to book another cruise.

Archived