Online cruise docs only?

We've sailed w/ RCCL twice in the past and always got the wirebound cruise docs book with the sticky luggage tags.

This week I got an email saying our cruise docs were available online -- I completed my setsail pass info and also printed out the cruise docs. It is the same as the book docs we usually would get in the mail. The only difference is the luggage tags. Obviously, it is only a "copy" of what the tags should look like and it says to copy the info from that tag on the tags available at the pier -- the porters will have them.

Is this how all RCCL passengers are doing the luggage tags now? it just seems like a pain to stand outside of the terminal, writing down the codes on the tags.....it was so easy just to have the sticky tags already on our luggage and just drop them off with the porters.

Has anyone done this style yet? Is it easy? I'm thinking it's just going to be a mess........:(

Just ask the porter all you have to put on there is your cabin #. They will figure out the rest. For next time you can choose which way to receive your documents. The default is now e-docs but on the website or when you booked your can choose mail.

Yes and it was a pain as far as we were concerned. Porters don't want to wait while you fill out 8 luggage tags. When we sailed out of Canaveral, we couldn't find a porter with the luggage tags and had to walk to the end of the terminal to find some. Last time we sailed on the Explorer we asked our TA if he could get us the luggage tags and he did. Don't care about the online docs either, just the luggage tags.

Yes and it was a pain as far as we were concerned. Porters don't want to wait while you fill out 8 luggage tags. When we sailed out of Canaveral, we couldn't find a porter with the luggage tags and had to walk to the end of the terminal to find some. Last time we sailed on the Explorer we asked our TA if he could get us the luggage tags and he did. Don't care about the online docs either, just the luggage tags.

We've done it before and the porters stand filled them out for us, we didn't have to. It took less than a minute. The porters stand is right in front of the building where the porters take the luggage in, at least at the port where we boarded, the individual porters did not have tags.

If you are concerned about having your name, address etc... on the tag, simply take along some address labels and stick them on. The only info really needed on the tags is your cabin number, you do have (hopefully) tags with your address on other baggage tags on the case. We have a set of tags right now and the only info they have is the deck, the cabin number and our names. I guess you could put that on a sticky label before leaving home if you have e-tickets.

If you have lots of time on your hands and need a project, a person can print and laminate the luggage tags ;) .

. We have a set of tags right now and the only info they have is the deck, the cabin number and our names. I guess you could put that on a sticky label before leaving home if you have e-tickets.

We just booked last week for a 12/3/07 cruise for a GUARANTEE cabin and were told we would find out what cabin we get at the dock, I presume at check-in, though we drop off our luggage outside before check in, how does that work?

....Ott

It really is simple. There have always been lots of porters willing to help. It is one less thing for me to do, carry, keep track of. I watch and make sure the bags are tagged. It's really that simple. I think the average person doesn't have a laminator at home. That would really be too much. Don't go to that level. This is a vacation.

Archived