Talk me into this

cruiselover48

My DH really wants to do the canopy tour in PV, I am really pretty scared but I want to try. Already have emailed the company and now it is time to pay, so talk me into it you brave people who have done it and lived to tell the story. Thanks Roz(the chicken):eek:

Truthfully, I've done it and I guess I'm glad I did. I don't care for heights. I'm not terrified of them, but don't especially do well with them either. The canopy tour in Costa Rica didn't fix that for me. But, I can say I've done it, and you only live once. Once on the zip line is enough for me. I laughed, giggled, screamed, and about had an accident in my pants. I shook when I was done, but when it was done I was able to just move on. Facing those things that scare you is probably good for us, and thats what thrills most people. It was beautiful...Monkeys, tucans, butterflies...I had my eyes focused on the next platform most of the time (everyone else informed me how beautiful it was). The part I had the hardest time with was the platforms. They sway gently with the trees, imagine that. lol In the end you'll most likely be happy you did it, and your husband will be thrilled.

We did a canopy tour in Roatan; I didn't think it was scary at all, just fun. I don't have fear of heights issues though, any more than normal. You are in a very secure harness and on our tour safety was a priority with the guides. I'd do it again without hesitation. Gliding down the cables was so thrilling, in a good way.

My DH really wants to do the canopy tour in PV, I am really pretty scared but I want to try. Already have emailed the company and now it is time to pay, so talk me into it you brave people who have done it and lived to tell the story. Thanks Roz(the chicken):eek:

I wanted to do the Zip in PV the cruise we took three years ago but my sister chickened out on me.... after we were back on the ship and she saw the videos she was mad we didn't go. (she was 61 at the time). I would say go for it!

I am afraid of heights and was reluctant to go, I was "coerced" by others in our cruising group. I went and absolutely loved it. Not sure which tour you are going on but the Los Veranos crew was excellent with both the safety precautions and the coaching of those participating. We are returning to P.V. in January for a land-based vacation and I will be going back with my daughter and her boyfriend.

Some butterflies on the first couple of lines but after that, it goes easy. They also start with shorter lines and work up to the longer, higher ones...

cruiselover48, why are you so scared to do it? Do you have a fear of falling or a fear of heights? Or are you scared because of something else? If it's a safety concern, I wouldn't allow that to stop me from going. If it's a genuine fear....I wouldn't force myself to try it. You'll end up worrying so much that you'll feel sick and that will take away from your vacation.

Let us know what you decide! :)

cruiselover48, why are you so scared to do it? Do you have a fear of falling or a fear of heights? Or are you scared because of something else? If it's a safety concern, I wouldn't allow that to stop me from going. If it's a genuine fear....I wouldn't force myself to try it. You'll end up worrying so much that you'll feel sick and that will take away from your vacation.

Let us know what you decide! :)

Great question and points. Hard to help OP without knowing what the fear is.

My mom is afraid of heights and WILL NEVER go on this type of excursion (no matter how much fun it looks like and convincing we try to do, she won't do it).

Archived