Legend back from Bahamas/Florida

ckpan

Vermonter ~ My 9A cabin (Room 7301, Verandah Deck) was the best! Paid $350 more for it compared to a category 8G and it was worth it for us as we were a family of 5 (our son booked in with friends in another cabin decided to stay with us). The 9As have 230 sq ft as opposed to 185 sq ft of the other cabins. The 9A's have and extended balcony which is 85 sq ft. as opposed to 60 sq. ft. The 9A's have a VCR with a clock (which we didn't know until we got there) so no need to bring an alarm clock. You can always ask for a wake up call. Our quad 9A had a king size bed and a large couch which was made into a bed with a pull down bunk from the ceiling. There was even a cool night light up there on the ceiling by the bunk. Plenty of drawer and closet space. Two complimentary robes were in the closet. Bathroom had soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. There were water glasses, wine glasses and an ice bucket in the room (ice machines in the hallway). The balcony had a lounge chair and two chairs with two small tables.

Here is official description:

"Deluxe Large Balcony Stateroom

Deck: Empress Deck, Panorama Deck, Upper Deck, Verandah Deck

Deluxe Large Balcony Staterooms 9A feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to a private balcony, twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed, private bathroom with shower and hairdryer, color TV with first-run movies, wall safe, separate vanity area, sofa and sitting area, and telephone. Staterooms 5241 and 5243 have partially obstructed ocean views. 230-sq.-ft. stateroom with 85-sq.-ft. balcony. "

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the information regarding your cat. 9a room. I have been wondering for quite some time! Even though I know we will see it soon enough, it is nice to finally know somebody who has actually been in one on a spirit class ship. My DH and I will be sailing October 24!

vermonter16

• 3 weeks later...

Just read something about the fire doors being closed promptly at 2 pm. in the Windjammer Cafe, so time your lunch correctly???? Can anyone tell us what that pertains to. Also - do you suggest the early or late dinner sitting. We're still trying to make up our minds. Many thanks.

I never noticed the fire doors being closed in the Windjammer at 2 p.m. Besides being in there for breakfast or lunch, we went through it several times during the day. Are you sure they didn't mean the dining room? :confused:

Archived