RCI Credit Card Problem

missymatt

Ok, signed up for the credit card for the benefit of the 15,000 bonus points. When I called to see if the points had been posted yet, they told me not until the first billing period ends and then proceeded to tell me that they would be posting 12,500 points, not the 15,000 it says in the agreement and on the RCI website. What's up with that? Anyone else have this problem? I have spent at least an hour on the phone trying to get these extra points posted, no one seems to know what's going on at Bank of America and I'm very frustrated. They said well, wait until the second billing period and maybe they will be added. I told them I don't have time for that since the first billing period ends on Nov.22 and my cruise is Jan.13. I want time to redeem my vouchers! The second billing period wouldn't end until the end of December and with the holidays, there is no way that's going to give me enough time. Any suggestions?

First of all did you use the card?

You have to use it 1 time to get the credit. My husband opened a card in just his name (I already have one) and used it once for gas. The bill came last week and the pts were added as 12,500 pts and 2500 pts. The basic pts is 2500 that I got 2 years ago and the bonus of 12,500 pts. Wait till you get your statement and see what happens.

Also, when I redeemed by pts the vouchers came within 2 weeks so you probably have enough time to send them in. Just make sure you jot down the voucher # or make copies of them. You could overnight express them if you feel nervous about it. GL

Yes, I used the card for a purchase and actually went online and paid the bill off already. What do you mean that they posted 12,500 and 2,500 from 2 years ago, I thought that was a new card in his name. Also, was that on the first bill, all of the points (15,000), just split into two?

Sometimes I type faster than my brain thinks lol. I got my card 2 years ago. Got 2500 pts. My husband got his 2 mos. ago. When "his" statement came in the pts were on "2" lines 12,500 on one and 2,500 on another for some unknown reason. I guess the 12,500 was extra bonus and 2,500 was regular bonus for new card. I hope that explained it.

Now I just read another thread that explained that you can call up BOA and get the voucher # and then you can call RCCL the voucher #. Just don't tell either its because you are taking a cruise soon (I read this not too long ago on CC).

Thanks so much. Hopefully that will happen to my statement also. Why don't they know that at Bank of America? Stupid, that's what they are. No on seemed to know what was going on at all. I actually had to explain to one girl that the 34 points extra were from the purchase I made! That's why my points were showing 12,534! They need to have some employees who actually know how to help a customer! Thanks again, I guess I will wait for my statement before I panic.

Where do you go to see your points?

Its on the paper statement you get after each billing period.

I got my points np. But they dont seem to have any place online you can go to check them unless you print out your statements...its only on the statements themselves.

Im almost thru my 2nd billing lol, hardly the expert, but yes I know where to look now for my points.

I got my points np. But they dont seem to have any place online you can go to check them unless you print out your statements...its only on the statements themselves.

Im almost thru my 2nd billing lol, hardly the expert, but yes I know where to look now for my points.

Thanks for the quick answer:o

I guess I need to use my card now. I think I am going shopping tomorrow and buy me a small something.

I closed my account due to poor customer service, it was not worth my time to manage this card.

How hard is it to manage??? I went online to my bank of america checking account and put it into ebills and clicked and put in the amount to pay online. Not hard to me.

It was easy to pay online. I dont do paper billing, with snail mail, uck.

How hard is it to manage??? I went online to my bank of america checking account and put it into ebills and clicked and put in the amount to pay online. Not hard to me.

It was easy to pay online. I dont do paper billing, with snail mail, uck.

I do all of my stuff online. Much easier.

I called the customer service number on my CC. It is automated and told me the balance, when the billing cycle ends and how many points I have earned. Now I am waiting for the statement to arrive. It doesn't seem to difficult. I am curious who I send the voucher to. I booked thru a TA not RCCL. Guess I'll figure it out when I get the voucher.

Ok, signed up for the credit card for the benefit of the 15,000 bonus points. When I called to see if the points had been posted yet, they told me not until the first billing period ends and then proceeded to tell me that they would be posting 12,500 points, not the 15,000 it says in the agreement and on the RCI website. What's up with that? Anyone else have this problem? I have spent at least an hour on the phone trying to get these extra points posted, no one seems to know what's going on at Bank of America and I'm very frustrated. They said well, wait until the second billing period and maybe they will be added. I told them I don't have time for that since the first billing period ends on Nov.22 and my cruise is Jan.13. I want time to redeem my vouchers! The second billing period wouldn't end until the end of December and with the holidays, there is no way that's going to give me enough time. Any suggestions?

With a little nudging from posters at cruise critic, I excitedly applied for the card to get the 15000 points as well. I saw with a little horror in the plan agreement that came with the card that 2500 points are automatically added to the account after the first purchase (not 15000), and that occasionally there would be promotional periods where extra points would be rewarded. Finally, today, I looked on line (set up my pay-on-line account) and saw that I was indeed awarded the 2500 points, and separately the 12500 points, together totalling 15000. Relax, your points will be in there pronto. :)

Thank you wrp96. I thought that it was on their website, but I probably shouldn't have searched for 'visa' because the search kept coming up with passport information.

Yeah, when I first tried to get the card, I made the same mistake. Never brought up anything about the Visa card, but I got all the information I wanted to know about cruises needing a visa.:p

to find out your current points, and your current balance as well as recent transactions. All you have to do to figure out how many points you will have on your next statement is to add the dollar amount of new charges to the number of points they say you have ( as they are based on your total paid and are on your last statement). If any of the charges are to RCI, just double the amount of those .

The only trouble I have had with this card was when it was with MBNA. I called for vouchers to redeem for balcony and OBC. RCI said I could redeem both and so did MBNA. When I booked the cruise, the TA called RCI and they said no. I already had the vouchers by then and they expired! I lost 15k points! Lesson learned... always get a name when you talk to someone about things like this. I now know that I should have just sent them in anyway, and it would probably have been ok. I contacted MBNA about it but never heard back from them. Once the vouchers have been issued you are out of luck if they expire.:( I haven't used the points since BoA has taken over.. saving up for the big family cruise in '09:)

Archived