Dinner reservations in specialty restaurants

buzzland

The web site mentions that these can be pre-booked 28 days in advance of sailing. Is there a place to reserve in advance, and, on the Voyager, is it necessary to do so?

If you create the links to your cruise(s) on the My Cruises page of the Regent web site, then both shore excursion (120 days out) and restaurant reservation links will appear at the appropriate time.

Whether or not you need to do this in advance varies. Since you can only pre-reserve 1 reservation each in Signature and Latitutudes, this is more likely to be an issue on short (1 week) cruises versus longer cruises. If there is a specific date you want beacuse of an event (birthday, anniversary, etc.) then certainly do so on-line. You can cancel them when you board if something else comes up. If you wait to do this when you board, there will be a stated time (2 PM or 3 PM?...we do it on-line so I have forgotten) when you can go to a specified location (Compass Rose restaurant the last time I did this "manually") and make reservations. Generally you can get what you want if either you plan in advance (before or as you board) and/or go "standby." On several cruises where we have found Latitudes particularly good (and on the advice of the staff), we'd drop by at 7:30 or so to look for a no-show opportunity. About 90% of the time this worked.

Regent allows groups to reserve an entire sitting in Signatures and Latitudes before the 120 day window for the rest of us. On our cruise this summer, there were no internet reservations allowed except for the first and last days of the cruise. I logged on shortly after midnight the first day and all reservations were taken. There were three large groups on our cruise that ate together during the prime times. The only sittings available after checking aboard were after 9 pm.

Wow, that's too bad, but I suspect it's fairly unusual. We've never had trouble finding ressies when we're on board, and I don't sweat it too much. Although we'll book online (probably this weekend) for our upcoming Voyager Caribbean, doing Signatures on the second informal night. Don't care about Latitudes much.

Archived