Costa Classica or Costa Serena or Costa Concordia

Dem920

Can anyone shed some light on which of these ships/itineraries would be the best for a group of people? We have people from 5 - 85 going with us next July and these 3 sailings fit into our timeframe. Just looking for some thoughts. There aren't many choices for 7 night cruises of Italy and Greece and these 3 ships look like our best bets.

Thoughts?

Dem920,

If you were to supply more specific info, i.e. Ship, Dates and Itinery (Ports of Call) you will get more members giving answers and opinions, rather than just general info and expecting to lookup this info themslves.

Just my opinion;)

Ron

Ron:

Thanks, I actually asked the question wrong. I really just want to know about the ships themselves, not the ports and itineraries. I have never sailed Costa and want to understand what cruiseline to equate them to in terms of cabin size, decor, amenities on the ship and activities.

I can research the ports, I was just wondering about the cruise ships.

Dem920

Dem920,

Concordia was similar to a Carnival ship in terms of layout, decor and cabin size. Serena is the sister ship so is probably similar.

I see you have children in your group, if they like the kids club be prepared that most of the other kids may not speak English. My son was the only English speaking teen in his group and was very disappointed.

Julie

Julie:

Thanks for the info. Our kids have a ready-made group as there are about 6 families all with kids the same ages, so they travel in packs without worrying about the other kids on the ship. They older ones hang out with the younger ones. We are on a RCCL ship now, but wanted a more authentic European experience and RCCL is just being a pain about our group. We wanted to add more cabins but they aren't letting us since they are almost filled.

Thanks again for the info.

Teresa

Archived