Charter Bus Crash in South Carolina

Ronrocks!

May God Bless and Keep Everyone who has been through this traggic ordeal! Our Thoughts and Prayers are with loved who have lost a Family Member or a Dear Friend! Blessings to all those who are injured physically or emotionally by this terrible event! Sincerely! Carl and Melissa

Does anyone know what cruise they were heading for? Just curious. The article says the crash happened about 1am Monday morning as they were en route from South Carolina to Miami. Seems like it was probably an overnight bus run, with the cruise leaving today. I don't know why they would have been on the road at that time if they were heading for a hotel room tonight.

According to Cruisecal.com, Carnival Fascination and Imagination both leave Miami today for 4 and 5 day cruises, respectively.

Theron

the ship was heading to Miami for a Thanksgiving Day cruise vacation. I do not know if that means that the ship was leaving on Thursday or maybe even on Tuesday or Wednesday. It could be any cruiseline I can not recall if it said Royal Caribbean or if the chartered bus was just headed for a Thanksgiving Day cruise from the Port of Miami. I do not think the ship could get from South Carolina to Miami overnight by Monday but I could be wrong. I think it would have taken a few days by bus to get from South Carolina to the Port of Miami but I do not really know. How very sad this had to happen but it's even more sad that it had to happen right before Thanksgiving and with Christmas and the New Year soon to follow. It is always hard to loose a loved one but during this time of year it is especially hard and emotional for all! I wish all those recovering God's Blessings and God Speed! May God Bless All who need Prayers, Hope and comfort during this very sad and traggic time! Sincerely, Melissa

the ship was heading to Miami for a Thanksgiving Day cruise vacation. I do not know if that means that the ship was leaving on Thursday or maybe even on Tuesday or Wednesday. It could be any cruiseline I can not recall if it said Royal Caribbean or if the chartered bus was just headed for a Thanksgiving Day cruise from the Port of Miami. I do not think the ship could get from South Carolina to Miami overnight by Monday but I could be wrong. I think it would have taken a few days by bus to get from South Carolina to the Port of Miami but I do not really know. How very sad this had to happen but it's even more sad that it had to happen right before Thanksgiving and with Christmas and the New Year soon to follow. It is always hard to loose a loved one but during this time of year it is especially hard and emotional for all! I wish all those recovering God's Blessings and God Speed! May God Bless All who need Prayers, Hope and comfort during this very sad and traggic time! Sincerely, Melissa

After considering all the facts that are available, I think they were headed for one of 4 ships that were scheduled to depart from Miami today (Monday). Remember the crash happened at 1AM Monday morning, and only 45 miles after they left. Ships don't depart until late afternoon. Drive time from St. Stephen, South Carolina, their origin, to Miami is less than 10 hours. If they had planned to be catching a later day cruise (but according to Cruisecal.com, the next cruise leaving Miami is not until Friday, which is after Thanksgiving, making a "Thanksgiving cruise" impossible) then there would be no need for them to be doing an overnight bus run in the first place.

I've been on dozens of overnight bus rides, I'm pretty sure you don't schedule it that way unless you are trying to save the expense of a hotel at the other end. This scenario seems to fit the facts pretty well.

Theron

St. Stephen is about an hour from where I live, and I've mapquested Miami before to see how much further a drive it would be from Port Canaveral (where we usually sail from), and it's about 9 hours. So Theron, you're right... it would be about a 10 hour drive.

I just heard on the news that the driver had a brain aneurysm. His daughter was on there saying he was well rested and ready for the trip. So sad. :(

St. Stephen is about an hour from where I live, and I've mapquested Miami before to see how much further a drive it would be from Port Canaveral (where we usually sail from), and it's about 9 hours. So Theron, you're right... it would be about a 10 hour drive.

I just heard on the news that the driver had a brain aneurysm. His daughter was on there saying he was well rested and ready for the trip. So sad. :(

Wow that is something that could happen at any time with no warning. What a shock. Thanks for the update.

Theron

Very, very sad :( Thanks for the update.

###

Does anyone know what cruise they were heading for? Just curious. The article says the crash happened about 1am Monday morning as they were en route from South Carolina to Miami. Seems like it was probably an overnight bus run, with the cruise leaving today. I don't know why they would have been on the road at that time if they were heading for a hotel room tonight.

According to Cruisecal.com, Carnival Fascination and Imagination both leave Miami today for 4 and 5 day cruises, respectively.

Theron

Well, only thing I saw was this quote:

The bus was operated by 5-Star Transportation in Bonneau and was headed from St. Stephen to Miami where the group was going to be taking a cruise in Cancun

Kinda confusing: to Miami to take a cruise IN Cancun...:confused:

I know that Cancun is NOT a cruise destination.

Maybe they meant Calica.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7379989

Archived