Rental Car Shuttles Miami

Vidimom

I am checking for a family member that is taking a cruise out of Miami and is considering renting a car to drive to Miami. Does anyone know if there is a rental agency that offers shuttle service to the port and back to the rental agency after the cruise.

Thanks

I believe Hertz does-there's one that has a location just at the beginning of the island. I'm not sure how this works though-I tried booking one online, and it said I couldn't pick up at the airport and drop off at the port for some reason. Others have also complained that it takes a long time for the shuttle to drop you off. You may have more luck on the Eastern Departure board-if this thread doesn't get moved there. :)

Thank you for the quick replies. I gave them the information and they are going to contact the rental agencies to see if they will do the shuttles.

I know I could get a quick response from my fellow cruise critics!

I use Hertz and Alamo - both have shuttles. It wasn't an overly long wait for the shuttle when we used Hertz to get to the port.

The reservation was the problem - I ended up calling to find the correct location - it is the 1st street Miami location where you drop the car for Hertz - not the port - so it is a very short ride to the port from the drop off.

We used Alamo on the return - that was about a 20 - 30 minute wait for the shuttle to the airport. .3

I use Hertz and Alamo - both have shuttles. It wasn't an overly long wait for the shuttle when we used Hertz to get to the port.

The reservation was the problem - I ended up calling to find the correct location - it is the 1st street Miami location where you drop the car for Hertz - not the port - so it is a very short ride to the port from the drop off.

We used Alamo on the return - that was about a 20 - 30 minute wait for the shuttle to the airport. .3

We are planning on using Hertz. Am I correct that it is the 354 Southeast 1st Street, Miami location you are talking about?

Thanks!! :)

That's the location. The Miami direct phone number is 786-425-2515.

I had a terrible time earlier this year when I was making the reservation on line trying to get the correct drop off location. Everything I was putting in kept coming back - NO.

That's the location. The Miami direct phone number is 786-425-2515.

I had a terrible time earlier this year when I was making the reservation on line trying to get the correct drop off location. Everything I was putting in kept coming back - NO.

Super!! That is the location I have for drop off on our way out and pick up on our way back.

Maybe you were having trouble because of the time you were putting in for drop off or pick up? I know I put a later time in (just to make it a 24hr rental) and it didn't take it because that location closes before the time I had entered. Also, I did notice they do not indicate anything about port shuttle on their website. Seems like it would be a plus for them to show it. :confused:

Archived