review of 11-10 Mexican Riviera on the "O"

ugminer

Well, she was everything I remembered plus a little extra.

Embarkation went smooth although photo systems were down and all pax had to go get there pics retaken. But that was handled with a minimum of problems. We sailed with a full ship but it just doesn't feel crowded. I love that about this ship. There was one time it did feel stifling though. They had the chocolte extravaganza out by the Pool and at 10:30 pm. Everyone on board hit there at the same time. It worked much better last time on the buffet lines and at midnight. Don't plan on pics unless you go up to 10 and look down on the mob scene.

The crew was wonderful as usual. I got to meet Hunk Dory. That was fun, meeting a legend. The food at all venues was very good IMHO. One of the people that went with us gained 15 lbs! I think the dining room stewards had a bet going as to how much he could eat:eek: We had Dedi and Didit and they were two wonderful young men. In fact Dedi was headed home after our trip and we saw him in LAX. I think it says alot about the people when you meet them outside of work and they still come over and visit. I wish him and his new wife all the luck in the world. I also met up with one of the watch captains that was going home for the birth of his first child. This was his first tour on this ship and he was impressed with the feeling of family within the crew. I think that explains the wonderful service and friendliness that this crew always puts forward for us.

One of the couples with us were quite young. They loved the ship but I think they could have stood a little more night life. She's not a party barge but I feel there are are plenty of things to do. Course my favorite activity is a nap on the deck:rolleyes: The A/C was working perfectly so no problems there. I liked the signature of excellence upgrades. Just adds a nice touch overall.

Cabo was fun. Took the Land's End Boat Tour and enjoyed it. Had plenty of shopping time afterwards. It was a little unnerving to have armed guards patroling around the ship and on the pier but it was explained to me that it was to our benefit. The gov't wants no problems for this important part of their economy.

Mazatlan was different. They had a beautiful chapel and the Papantla flyers show was a lot of fun. But I don't think I would be very comfortable driving around town on my own. I'm sure they have some nice resorts but I don't think it would be my first choice as a land-based vacation spot.

In PV we did the dolphins. That was awesome! Beware, watch the times on your tickets. I booked Rythms of the night. On the computer it was on PV time 5:15 but the tickets were on ship time 4:15. Needless to say we missed what our friends said was a great show. Although it was my own fault, the excursion desk did help me out as much as they could. I appreciated that. Goes to show, it never hurts to ask.

We did get an offer to upgrade to a Suite. We did and it was over the top. I couldn't imagine a room that size on a ship. And it was really nice to have the Neptune to go to for a quiet cup of coffee. And the free laundry made it great. If you get the chance to upgrade, Go For It!! And I also feel the express baggage service is well worth the money. Not to have to drag our luggage around at the airport is the only way to fly. And makes debarkation a snap.

All told, we had a wonderful trip, introduced 2 new couples to the fun of cruising and am thinking about my next one. Till we cruise again... Deb

Archived