My Answer To Fuel Surcharge!!

I now decided i am bringing the MICROWAVE and selling microwave popcorn onboard 1 dollar a bag! just to off set the fuel surcharge that RCCL has thrown on us to off set sailings. my email to them will read.

Dear MR. GOLDSTIEN just to let you know we will be bringing a microwave to sell microwave popcorn to off set the fuel surcharge! we will be charging a modest $1.00 a bag. just so you know the break down of the off set it goes like this. 35 cents a bag goes for cost of popcorn, 45 cents a bag goes for shipping as airfare is high and your only allowed 2 bags 50 lbs or less (good thing DW,DD are comming),5 cents a bag for rental car to get popcorn and microwave to port, 5 cents a bag for advertising, and last but not least, 10 cents a bag to off set fuel surcharge. if at all possible could you have the captian announce that pop corn will now be sold on deck four hallway! also could you please inform the captian i may need him to direct some of the staff to sell popcorn while we are in port or on excursins thank you ever so much for understanding why we need to sell popcorn onboard to off set the fuel surcharge. of course there will be a staff discount of 10% this popcorn should bring up drink sales!

anyone else have a great idea they want to share? you can't steal mine as i am the first to post this idea! for my ship and sailing. however for a modest $1.00 i will email you the popcorn suppliers name!

LETS HAVE SOME FUN and make our wait seem shorter!!!!!

Oh yeah? Well I am going to sell my services to save people's deck chairs. My services will mean they won't be chair hogs because I will actually sit in each chair during each 30 minute segment, so nobody can say those chairs haven't been used! :p

thats awsome how much? trade ya popcorn for a drink and a chair?

I will be happy to take pictures on formal night, using their personal cameras, of course! Think of the money THAT will save! :D I will also be perfectly willing to be the first one off the ship on port days and will take a picture as you are getting off as well, again, with YOUR camera!:D ;)

Hmm, maybe $1/hour/chair. Mmm, I love popcorn! Could ya maybe sell some of those soft pretzels, too? :D

depends how many they have in the wind jammer! have to bring extra carry on bag to smuggle. if none in wind jammer i will ask head chef for oh lets say 400 for starters!

Since RCI is reportedly doing away with in-room babysitting, I will distribute flyers advertising my one-night-only group babysitting service. I figure, if I can get 5 or 6 kids in the room at $5/kid/hr, I'll make up for my fuel surcharge and have some left over to compensate me for my troubles.

depends how many they have in the wind jammer! have to bring extra carry on bag to smuggle. if none in wind jammer i will ask head chef for oh lets say 400 for starters!

Ooh, they have pretzels in the Windjammer?!?! :D Yippie!!

Oh - and I think I meant $1/half-hour/chair, since I'd be sitting in it once every half-hour. Maybe I could do a special, so many half-hours for a slightly discounted price. LOL.

I'll sell the salt! ANyone for caramel apples or cotton candy??? Or caramel popcorn??? I think I can melt caramels in my crock pot....we can dump a bag'o'corn in a bowl, pour on caramel and charge, eh....50 cents...Hmm...maybe another buck...carmael is expensive and i have to get ahead to pay for the next fuel surcharge...(lucky me...i didn't have to do it on this one!)

Thinking again? i guess i could have the wife take in laundry say 50 cents a piece! i will just have to tell her its part of the fuel surcharge. she should understand! hey its all for the trip right?

Hmm, sounds like you better buy a second cabin - it'd be better than you sleeping in a chair in the ship's main public area all night! ;)

How about charging RCI for Karaoke? We have been providing RCI with FREE "entertainment". It might be time for them to pay for our services!

now THAT is an interesting idea......how's about this.....one fee for bad karaoke and a slightly higher fee for people who can actually carry a tune?:eek: :rolleyes:

Hmm, sounds like you better buy a second cabin - it'd be better than you sleeping in a chair in the ship's main public area all night! ;)

BUY A SECOND CABIN? what and find some thing else to sell to pay for second fuel surcharge? this is hard enough with the pocorn and soft pretzels and laundry. i might need to hire on extra help the way that it is! wish we had a bigger shower, laundry might be a little tight at times! besides when i pay the 2 dollar cover charge to THING2 i can sleep in there so ha!

Archived