Packing List for First timers?

Ronrocks!

Hello! My family and I will be on our first cruise this December. We have two teenage daughters 15 and 17. We were wondering if anyone could direct us to some packing list. I've found a few on-line but they were 3 and 4 pages long. It's a 7 day cruise on the Marined of The Seas. Any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed! Thank you!

Okay, here is a list of the things I actually used.

Extra power strip (outlet type) for all of your chargables ( cameras, camcorders, etc.)

And lets face it, with 2 teenage girls, you are going to need extra outlets!

Sunscreen (no brainer) extra batteries, at least 2 swimsuits, (just in case), We used a shoe organizer in the bathroom, it held all the various types os sunscreen, bugspray, and other quick grab stuff.

I will respond again, when I have thought of more! Have fun!

I think the biggest mistake first timers (and old pros) make is over packing. You can mix and match, especially in the evening. You can wear a black pair of pants several evenings and just bring different shirts. This can apply to both men and women. Go through what you are going to do in each port. If you days are going to be water activities you will be spending the bulk of your day in swimsuits and maybe a couple of hours in regular shorts and t-shirts, those regular clothes can be worn a couple of days. I have all my evening clothes both dressy and casual in black to limit the amount of shoes.

The only other thing I always make sure to pack is a highlighter for the Compass, one in each color for each person.

Hello! My family and I will be on our first cruise this December. We have two teenage daughters 15 and 17. We were wondering if anyone could direct us to some packing list. I've found a few on-line but they were 3 and 4 pages long. It's a 7 day cruise on the Marined of The Seas. Any suggestions or ideas would be welcomed! Thank you!

One of the ideas that I read on CC that was a good one was to take post-it notes. We used them to leave a note when we wanted to ask our steward for something in case we didn't see him. Worked very well - it was a great suggestion. :)

Any over the counter medicines that you might use including cold/sinus and Pepto and Imodium.

I 2nd the over the door shoe organizer. The one I have has clear plastic pockets so you can see all of your stuff. There is very little storage space and it really helps to keep stuff organized and easy to find.

A nightlight especially if you have an inside cabin.

A few gallon sized ziploc bags - good for packing wet swimsuits/dirty or wet shoes for the trip home.

Plenty of $1 and $5 bills for tipping and use in ports.

I also use the Clorox wipes to wipe down everything including all door knobs/drawer pulls and the tv remote before we touch anything. You can buy a travel pack that takes little room.

Sue has good advice. Do not overpack, especially shoes. I just did a 5-night cruise packing only one pair of shoes, a pair of sandals and a pair of heels. Look at your itinerary and what you plan to do in each port. Knits are the best way to go for the evening. They take up little room and are very wrinkle resistant. There is a great website called onebag dot com. It's a good place to get some ideas. Another good website is cruisediva dot com. Enjoy your first cruise!

Here is a list where you can check off what you think you may need. It has everything imaginable on it.

http://www.cil.com/checklist_ptr.htm

Sue is 100% correct. My formal evening wear is also based around black pants, dresses, different tops and one pair of black heels. (1 pair of dressy black flats for rougher seas.) :D

No one cares if you wear the same pants twice/three times with a different top. ;) Febreze them. :D

ok, here's the secret to packing for a cruise

ESPECIALLY WITH TEENS:

Take all the clothes and stuff you think you will need and lay it all out on the bed (or floor if bed is not enough :rolleyes: );

Then, next to that, lay out all the money you think you will need to take;

NOW, half the clothes and stuff, and double the money, and you'll have the right amount of each.

:D :p :D ;)

ok, here's the secret to packing for a cruise

ESPECIALLY WITH TEENS:

Take all the clothes and stuff you think you will need and lay it all out on the bed (or floor if bed is not enough :rolleyes: );

Then, next to that, lay out all the money you think you will need to take;

NOW, half the clothes and stuff, and double the money, and you'll have the right amount of each.

:D :p :D ;)[/quote

Now that's good advice! I am not sure that will make my BF feel. Glad he has less to carry,but sad he will have to come off some more money.:o

Archived