Costa Maya On The Sun???

RJAM3

Just got our docs and the excursions have Costa Maya listed but not Cozamel for Jan 19th sail. Have they changed ports or is this just an error? The NCL site still lists Cozamel.

Probably an error. Costa Maya is not scheduled to reopen until Sept 08. They finally got a crane in to start clearing away the rubble.

Dave

Costa Maya was completely wiped out by Category Five Hurricane Dean. Costa Maya is still closed as the pier is rebuilt (about half of it was simply gone) and tourist village revitalized. The port's developers have confirmed that it will take until September 2008 to rebuild the day resort.

All the above information obtained from Cruise Critic NEWS.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2293

Cruise Critics has many great web pages full of cruise information and news. Whereas no question is dumb, the loss of Costa Maya as a port affected many cruise lines, not just NCL. It would make perfect sense for cruise critic to include such information on a more generic news page, which they have.

As for the Sun's shore excursion page for this season at NCL being outdated and including a closed port, when one considers it was published before Hurricane Dean hit Costa Maya, understandable.

I believe Don was just showing a little bit of frustration over the repeated questions about the status of Costa Maya. I know I am.

Whereas no question is dumb, the loss of Costa Maya as a port affected many cruise lines, not just NCL. It would make perfect sense for cruise critic to include such information on a more generic news page, which they have.

All the info in the world about the status of Costa Maya, wherever it is posted, doesn't keep the OP or anyone else from being confused when their documents conflict. And, please note, it was the documents that were wrong, presumably printed more recently, not the website which lists Cozumel. This needs to be a friendly and welcoming place so that newbies are not afraid to ask a question.

Why thanks Laura-I'm blushing! Probably because I still consider myself a newbie here. We've been on 12 cruises total, 4 different lines, but some here have been on many times that number

You don't like my Christmas package avatar? LOL I'll see what else I can find.

Many seem to be migrating back to this board that had left.

Archived