The DEW Pledge starts Thursday the 9th!

Belle

Wow Lisa! That's GREAT! Sounds like you've been doing super to come so far! And exercising every day!!! I NEED to get to that next step! What type of exercising are you doing? Keep up the good work!

I need to step it in to gear if I want to be at or near goal by my cruise in March. You all have been such a great incentive! This board has made a HUGE difference this time around... I've hung in there 7 weeks so far. I know I can do it this time! Thanks to all!!!

Jean

Jean, I started out with just a small amount of exercise every day because I was so over wieght and not in shape. I have a treadmill and a Healthrider. I would do just 3 minutes on the Healthrider and 5 minutes on the treadmill. After I lost about 15 pounds I then started doing floor exercises like situp, leglifts, twists and touching my toes/floor. Now my rountine is 10 minutes of floor exercise, 5 to 10 minutes on the Healthrider and 12 minutes on the Treadmill with 3 to 4 minutes running. At least that is Monday thru Friday on Saturday and Sunday I increase the Treadmill to 30 minutes and the Heathrider to 12 minutes. The big key is to start out with just a few minutes daily of exercise. It was so hard in the beginning, I really dreaded it but as I kept doing it it just became part of my everyday thing. I have only missed it a few times since January and now actually feel really guilty if I do not do it.

Is it too late to do the DEW? I'm new to this section of the boards, and this looks like something that could keep me motivated (along with 2 upcoming cruises!). Since I'm 1 week behind, in 16 weeks, my goal will be 20 lbs. I started WW 3 1/2 weeks ago, and lost 10 lbs in the first 3 weeks. If I lose the 20 lbs I'm pledging, I'll be at goal!

To the..
DEW PLEDGE!

Glad to see so many of you getting on the Pledge!
Good Luck to you ALL! It takes that sometimes
but it mostly takes hard work..as YOU KNOW!

D..Diet
E..Exercise
W..Water

Hope Everyone Makes Their PLEDGE!

PS Betsy Thank You.

Hi everyone,

Is it too late to jump aboard?

Just booked our first cruise ever yesterday (Mariner of the Seas, January 9, 2005). I'm so excited about it! I don't want worries about how I look (or which clothes can I squeeze myself in) to spoil all the fun, and I want to be able to be sane about food and enjoy the cruising experience without guilt.

So, my pledge is 20-25 lbs. Wish me luck everyone!

Romi

Archived