Will chair hogs be an issue on Radiance?

We will be sailing in about 3 weeks and I was curious if chair hogging is a big issue on Radiance. We are early risers anyways, but I would like to know if we will have to get to the pool early if we want a chair.

Chair hogs are an unfortunate issue on every cruise :(

On my Mariner cruise last month, the RCI deck patrol did a very good job of removing items from deck chairs that were left unattended for lengthy periods of time. It should be noted however, that they only do this if you point it out to them!

I too am an early riser, I am usually on the pool deck on sea days at around 8:00am and never have a problem finding a chair. I skip breakfast just to make sure I am firmly planted in a chair for the day :)

There are shady spots out on deck and in the solarium, sometimes under cover, so you should be able to find what you want most times. Chair hogs are not restricted to cruise ships, however. We have stayed at luxury all-inclusive resorts and noted the same type of behavior by some guests. Only in those resorts or on those ships where the rules against saving chairs by the pool are strictly enforced, can you count on finding a chair when and where you want it. Unfortunately, it is not always fair to expect low paid staff personnel to stand up to some of the more pushy and aggressive guests who believe that the rules don't apply to them and that it is their god-given right to do whatever they want.:rolleyes:

As long as you don't mind being a few more steps from the pool, there are PLENTY of lounges! All of the upper decks have them. It may mean walking a few extra steps to take a dip in the pool, but it's worth it not to be sandwiched in with everyone else--like sardines!!!!

As long as you don't mind being close to the pool there always seems to be plenty of lounges. Some have their drawbacks. Some are in the shade or have joggers going by. You also have to deal with more wind on the upper level. In the Solarium, those problems are eliminated but iy it is ofyen more crowded.

Archived