the one thing I might never understand....

JenDalessan

I just saw the Sunshine Cruisers web site and see you have me listed as a member. I am NOT a member nor do I wish to be nor I have I asked to be.

There is one on your rolls I do not wish to be associated with. Remove my user name at once.

I can only assume you mean me, and if I'm mistaken, I apologize. I really have no idea why you have so much animosity towards me when we have never actually disagreed to my knowledge. I understand that you thought I made a big deal out of something trivial, but I'm not sure how that makes me a bad person... I'm pretty sure we've agreed on every other subject I've seen both of us posting to on this board.

I want to ask, though... do you think that you took the statistics argument 'too far' with Nealstuber? I remember wondering at the time why you continued... but I didn't take it upon myself to suggest you were 'making a big deal out of something trivial' or that my perception of the situation was in any way right or wrong. I'm wondering why you seem to think that my feelings about derogatory language are so different than your feelings about 'creative statistics'.

I'm sorry that I've offended you. It certainly was not my intention. I have never intentionally offended anyone, and the few times that someone has politely brought it to my attention that I have said something that they questioned, I have taken responsibility for it. I'm sorry that you haven't given me the opportunity to do so with regards to your issues with me. Generally I find your posts rational and fair; I'm just not sure why you can't be that way where I'm concerned.

CatLaughT.jpg

Word of the day:

hyp·o·crite /ˈhɪpthinsp.pngəthinsp.pngkrɪt/ [hip-uh-krit]

–noun 1.a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. 2.a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

:eek:

I can only assume you mean me, and if I'm mistaken, I apologize. I really have no idea why you have so much animosity towards me when we have never actually disagreed to my knowledge. I understand that you thought I made a big deal out of something trivial, but I'm not sure how that makes me a bad person... I'm pretty sure we've agreed on every other subject I've seen both of us posting to on this board.

I want to ask, though... do you think that you took the statistics argument 'too far' with Nealstuber? I remember wondering at the time why you continued... but I didn't take it upon myself to suggest you were 'making a big deal out of something trivial' or that my perception of the situation was in any way right or wrong. I'm wondering why you seem to think that my feelings about derogatory language are so different than your feelings about 'creative statistics'.

I'm sorry that I've offended you. It certainly was not my intention. I have never intentionally offended anyone, and the few times that someone has politely brought it to my attention that I have said something that they questioned, I have taken responsibility for it. I'm sorry that you haven't given me the opportunity to do so with regards to your issues with me. Generally I find your posts rational and fair; I'm just not sure why you can't be that way where I'm concerned.

You seem to assume a lot.

If you recall, I dropped out of my disagreement with you. You are the one who seems to want to bring it up again.

I have stayed out of this debate. Maybe it is the 20 I s in the post above that has turned people. It seems if posters don't agree with you they are a problem and then if they meet your approval they get your blessing. To many it is like the grammer school hall monitor. Take a moment read your posts and think about how others might interpret them. Many times in life it is not the what but the how you say them.

Word of the day:

hyp·o·crite /ˈhɪpthinsp.pngəthinsp.pngkrɪt/[hip-uh-krit]

–noun 1.a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. 2.a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Yep, that sounds exactly like someone I wouldn't want to cruise with! :eek:

I have stayed out of this debate. Maybe it is the 20 I s in the post above that has turned people. It seems if posters don't agree with you they are a problem and then if they meet your approval they get your blessing. To many it is like the grammer school hall monitor. Take a moment read your posts and think about how others might interpret them. Many times in life it is not the what but the how.

I agree with you completely. It is very often not the what but the how. The reason I use a lot of 'I's is because I can only speak for myself, and I take responsibility for everything I say, so I try to explain myself... that means trying to express what I think, how I feel, what MY intentions were. If what I say comes across in a way that seems offensive, or seems confusing, or in any other way raises questions, I welcome the opportunity to address it. I have never intentionally said that I thought anyone on these boards was wrong in any way, and have consistently supported everyone's right to their own opinion. The one thing that I have an issue with is derogatory language. Why is that so bad?

You seem to assume a lot.

If you recall, I dropped out of my disagreement with you. You are the one who seems to want to bring it up again.

Again, I apologize if my assumption was incorrect. I based my assumption on your past posts to me, and so though that you were, in fact, revisiting the issue. What I said in the message is still valid, however. You appear to have a very strong negative view of me, but the only threads where both of us have replied but not been in agreement were the ones in which I was stating that I wish people didn't use derogatory language. :confused:

Again, I apologize if my assumption was incorrect. I based my assumption on your past posts to me, and so though that you were, in fact, revisiting the issue. What I said in the message is still valid, however. You appear to have a very strong negative view of me, but the only threads where both of us have replied but not been in agreement were the ones in which I was stating that I wish people didn't use derogatory language. :confused:

Chill, the jury is out, rest your case.

Word of the day:

hyp·o·crite /ˈhɪpthinsp.pngəthinsp.pngkrɪt/[hip-uh-krit]

You certainly seem to know where to go for definitions and videos! Is there something you know about someone on the board that you'd like to share? Perhaps an actual observation that you'd like to point out?

No problem I love you big guy. Outspoken is great. Being the self appointed hall monitor drives many people crazy :confused:

That's a relief. I'm so easy going (especially on a cruise) I don't think I'll ever be confused as being a hall monitor! Besides, the pay sucks for that job! ;)

Although there are a couple on this thread that would disagree with me about being easy going-but I don't care what they think of me anyhow! LOL

You certainly seem to know where to go for definitions and videos! Is there something you know about someone on the board that you'd like to share? Perhaps an actual observation that you'd like to point out?

Nope. I'm just saving myself from a long winded response.

Chill, the jury is out, rest your case.

Oh, I'm sorry... I thought this was a board where people were welcome to post if they had questions or opinions... :p

As for 'self appointed hall monitors'... I really don't care what anyone else does, but since my understanding is that this is the place to post opinions... this is where I do it. One of my opinions is that I think many posters use derogatory terms to describe things when it's not necessary. I see references to things that I think are insulting... I say so. I've seen other people do the same, but they are not called 'self appointed hall monitors'. Perhaps it's all about language and the way I post just rubs people the wrong way. I can't do anything about that. I will continue to respond if people address me, though. All over this board, I see people post, then others reply and ask questions or make comments, and when the OP doesn't respond, they are labelled 'trolls'. Well, I'm here to explain myself if anyone wants to bother to take the time to ask for clarification. I understand that with only text to express myself, something is bound to be lost in translation, and again, there's nothing I can do about that.

I have to ask, though... if I'm the 'self appointed hall monitor', who are the people who have taken it upon themselves to tell me how 'wrong' I am? Are they the 'hall monitor supervisors'? :p

I love your kitten picture! We foster kittens, and it's always great to see one smiling.

Thanks!!! You are an angel to be a foster parent. I work closely with our local Humane Society and we are just getting a Foster Program up & going. Too many good, adoptable pets at shelters all over the country are being killed every day, because their time as run out. More foster parents are needed nationwide. You are doing a great thing!!

I say KUDOS TO YOU!!!! :) :) :)

Thanks!!! You are an angel to be a foster parent. I work closely with our local Humane Society and we are just getting a Foster Program up & going. Too many good, adoptable pets at shelters all over the country are being killed every day, because their time as run out. More foster parents are needed nationwide. You are doing a great thing!!

I say KUDOS TO YOU!!!! :) :) :)

I agree!!! I have spent time volunteering at our local shelter, and the horrors that some people will put animals through are atrocious! The one that always kills me is the number of people who will just drop off a pet because they move. Evem worse was a case here where the people moved but DIDN'T drop their dogs off. By the time they were rescued, the mats on both of them were pulling the fur out from their skin and they were practically unable to see because of the hair in their faces. (****zus) :mad:

Edit: that doggie name I didn't think about when I wrote it... but the missing letters start with 's' and end with 't'!!

Archived