CAPE LIBRTY to JFK ?? RCCL

JonAlone

We have booked cruise only as we are spending a few days with friends in New York before joining the cruise on February 3rd 2008... We fly in and out of London Heathrow.

I have emailed RCCL to find out how best to get back to JFK the day we land post cruise... as usual RCCL in UK do not respond to ANYTHING!!!:mad:

Advice please would be appreciated... if there is a RCCL bus service we can jump on that would be ideal... we dont need to leave for the airport til about 2pm latest..

I'm sure RCI offers transfers; someone will be able to confirm and provide the cost.

You could take a taxi.

If it was me, I would hire a car. I can't sugestion a specific one, but maybe someone else can or you could do a google search.

Do not underestimate the travel time. Getting out of Cape L can be very lengthy; things back up easily. Getting from Cape Liberty to JFK can be a big hassle due to traffic or construction. Hopefully you dock on a weekend day; that will make things easier

Hire a car service and make arrangements in advance. Taxi's from NJ (the port) DO NOT have to take you to JFK and you may find taxis at the port telling you NO. They can make more money taking 3/4 fares from the port to EWR than one fare to JFK. This is the company I use to make transportation arrangements monthly from NJ to NYC. They can arrange vans, mini buses, Town Cars and regular taxis. http://www.secaucustaxi.com/

There is also helicopter service from EWR to JFK. Not cheap ($200.00pp) + taxi fare to EWR. There are specials from time to time-right now it is $99 from either EWR or Manhattan heliport to JFK. http://www.flyush.com/index.shtml

But the ride is simply spectacular (I took it from the lower Manhattan heliport to JFK right after the service started-early last year). When you figure the sightseeing helicopters around NYC are at least $150.00 and up, up, up, I thought this was a bargain for a 30 minute flight (it is an hour flight from EWR). And from EWR, the pilot flies directly over/around the Statue of Liberty.

And the really neat thing-if you are flying Delta at JFK (used to be AA) or Continental at EWR , you check your luggage and yourself in at the heliport. When you land at JFK, you DO NOT have to go back through security. Your luggage is sent to the proper airline and you just walk to your gate. No going back through security. At the time I took the flight, AA even gave you miles for the flight-500. Don't know about Delta or Continental.

Arecibo at 7187836465 will arrange to pick you so will any NY car service. Try Carmel or Promenade car services. The problem here is of course RCCL but don't worry about it you won't be the only one going to JFK...if you can see if you can change your flight to EWR its a lot closer and easier....

The Explorer only offers RCCL transfers to Newark and LaGuardia not JFK. Most people fly in or out of Newark as it's very close to the port. Word of advice, do not book an early flight the day you go home if you plan on flying out from the ship as the ship can be delayed due to weather or in port and there is a lot of traffic from Bayonne to JFK so better to allow yourself a lot of extra time. :)

RCL must have transfers. Does their web site help you?

When you say you don't need to leave for the AP until 2 pm, what time is your flight? International check in at JFK is always a s.n.a.f.u: situaltion normal, all fouled up. I'd budget at least 1 1/2 -- 2 hours to get there. The BQE & the Beltway are never accident / construction free. Just one little hiccup & . . . you'll be waving goodbye to your plane.

I'd go with private car service too. Getting NJ taxis to cross the river is always a challange.

We have booked cruise only as we are spending a few days with friends in New York before joining the cruise on February 3rd 2008... We fly in and out of London Heathrow.

I have emailed RCCL to find out how best to get back to JFK the day we land post cruise... as usual RCCL in UK do not respond to ANYTHING!!!:mad:

Advice please would be appreciated... if there is a RCCL bus service we can jump on that would be ideal... we dont need to leave for the airport til about 2pm latest..

We sailed on the Explorer in October 06, flying into and out of heathrow. I could not find much info on transport options from the port to JFK but as we left the terminal building there was a dispatcher outside co-ordinating transfers. We were almost the last to leave the ship as we didn't have one of the early colours but most of the transfers had not left yet. We shared a van with a number of other people going to JFK - very comfortable even with all our luggage. The driver was one of the nicest people we encountered and more than willing to help with luggage handling etc. Can't recall exactly what the cost was but think it was under £20 per head.

We are booked on the November 12 nighter next year and I plan on doing the same thing again. Hope this helps.

• 4 years later...
The Explorer only offers RCCL transfers to Newark and LaGuardia not JFK. Most people fly in or out of Newark as it's very close to the port. Word of advice, do not book an early flight the day you go home if you plan on flying out from the ship as the ship can be delayed due to weather or in port and there is a lot of traffic from Bayonne to JFK so better to allow yourself a lot of extra time. :)

Do they still have lga transfer

Archived