Computers down for 5 days

RnD

I have been trying to put a deposit on a trip for June, and their computers have been down for five days so far. I can not imagine what could cause such a disaster, and their reservation people can't either. Any thoughts what could have caused such a major problem that a team of techs for such a major corporation is still unable to resolve the problem?

I sort of half jokingly asked if they lost everyones reservation for the next two years, and the agent didn't say anything. Of course their agents are way too happy anyway. Can you imagine if that were to happen? They have backups I am sure, but if that were corrupted as well. who knows what they procedure would be.

At any rate today the reservation cancels for us, and I am not sure what to do other than let it cancel and start all over again. Of course they have no way of seeing that I even made a reservation at this point.

Have a "Magical Day" (barf barf)

That's really bad. But computer systems are delicate things, subject to glitches of all kinds. Sometimes they just snowball and you're out of business for a while. (Although, you'd think they would have a "shadow" system to fall back on.)

Archived