Panorama deck or Lido deck on Valor?

Drew B

I'm planning a B2B Eastern/Western on Valor for next Fall. We're looking to get an inside cabin and a balcony cabin (roughly) across the hall from one another. Also, it would be nice to keep the same cabins for both legs of the B2B. I have it narrowed down to two areas, and I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons. I could do Panorama deck, Starboard side, forward. Think cabins 1047 & 1049. I could also do Lido deck, Starboard side, forward (think 9225 & 9227) or Lido deck, Port side, forward (think 9226 & 9228). Either of these would cost approximately $160 less total than the Panorama deck.

My questions are as follows:

What are the advantages/disadvantages to each of these decks?

Is being on the same deck with the main pool deck (Lido) a problem?

Is being directly below the spa (Panorama) a problem?

I've never sailed so far forward. Is that good or bad?

I noticed that in nearly all categories I checked, most of the Port-side cabins were full but plenty of Starboard-side cabins were available. Is port preferable for these itineraries? Why?

Thank you very much! With any luck, we'll book tomorrow...

I'm planning a B2B Eastern/Western on Valor for next Fall. We're looking to get an inside cabin and a balcony cabin (roughly) across the hall from one another. Also, it would be nice to keep the same cabins for both legs of the B2B. I have it narrowed down to two areas, and I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons. I could do Panorama deck, Starboard side, forward. Think cabins 1047 & 1049. I could also do Lido deck, Starboard side, forward (think 9225 & 9227) or Lido deck, Port side, forward (think 9226 & 9228). Either of these would cost approximately $160 less total than the Panorama deck.

My questions are as follows:

What are the advantages/disadvantages to each of these decks?

Is being on the same deck with the main pool deck (Lido) a problem?

Is being directly below the spa (Panorama) a problem?

I've never sailed so far forward. Is that good or bad?

I noticed that in nearly all categories I checked, most of the Port-side cabins were full but plenty of Starboard-side cabins were available. Is port preferable for these itineraries? Why?

Thank you very much! With any luck, we'll book tomorrow...

Drew B,

Both decks pretty much share the convenience of having easy access to the pool areas and easy naviation to the rest of the ship via Lido deck or Panorama deck.

Being on the same deck as the pool (Lido) is not a problem other than at the elevator area itself with pedestrians. Both decks have lower traffic than other decks due to fewer cabins and most cruisers either don't know about the front deck access or they don't go there. :)

You'll not hear anything from the Spa deck on Panaroma. Both decks are insulated well from activity noise from the pool areas.

We've sailed in the 2nd & 3rd balcony cabins from the front and in the 1st and 2nd from mid ship (on Panorama) and movement was not an issue for us.

Dunno why port side books up first, but I've noticed that on other cruises as well.

Weird thing Paul, when we were on Glory they had the front observation decks locked on all but one of the days of our trip. I asked several of the crew and they couldn't give me an explanation as to why. The decks on the front of Empress and Upper were open, but they are lower. I like the one that is above the bridge, since you can go out onto the bridge wings. Big dissapointment. I don't know if this was a Glory only problem, or something they are doing fleetwide.

Another reason why I like the layout of the Fantasy Class, they can't close any of the observation decks. We love the super secret one in front of the main lounge.;)

We did the Eastern route on the Valor earlier this month. I originally wanted a balcony on the port side because I wanted the sun, but we upgraded to Verandah 8211 on the starboard side. (Originally booked a Panorama inside - we love this deck.)

I really enjoyed our starboard balcony on the last two sea days because it was shady. After going to Magens Bay and Baie Rouge, I was all sunned out. :D

Julie

Weird thing Paul, when we were on Glory they had the front observation decks locked on all but one of the days of our trip. I asked several of the crew and they couldn't give me an explanation as to why. The decks on the front of Empress and Upper were open, but they are lower. I like the one that is above the bridge, since you can go out onto the bridge wings. Big dissapointment. I don't know if this was a Glory only problem, or something they are doing fleetwide.

Another reason why I like the layout of the Fantasy Class, they can't close any of the observation decks. We love the super secret one in front of the main lounge.;)

darthgrady,

On our cruise on Glory in April of this year, only one door was unlocked initially and then it was locked for two days but the opposite side (starboard) was unlocked. After the second day that it was locked I saw a crew member doing rounds and asked him to unlock it and he did. He said it gets quite windy out there so they keep them locked to keep kids from wandering out there. They also cleaned the balconies from the front to the rear and accessed the balconies from the front decks. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that they locked the doors to clean the balconies and didn't get around to unlocking them. Our steward also mentioned that they clean them like that one time each week.

We have stayed in cabin 1038 on both the Valor and the Triumph and loved it both times. There is very little noise and almost no foot traffic. It is very easy to get anywhere on the ship you want to go. The panorama deck is the best for us.

We stayed in Valor cabin 9280 in Nov 06 and in 1035 in Nov 07. We loved both cabins and locations. Both were very convenient to all the action on the Lido deck. We had no problem with noise from the Lido deck, spa, or foot traffic. I would stay away from the cabins near the elevator lobby though. 1047 should be okay.

Perhaps the port side books up first because some people might think that’s the side the ship docks on, right?

We were on the Lido on Valor, and loved the location. There was no noise from the pool, due to glass doors and the design of the atrium that separates the residential areas from the play areas.

It was very convenient to not have to go on the stairs to go back to the room. When out in the sun, you will find you are going back to the room pretty often - to get out of the sun, hit the head, freshen that drink, or get something you forgot.

darthgrady,

On our cruise on Glory in April of this year, only one door was unlocked initially and then it was locked for two days but the opposite side (starboard) was unlocked. After the second day that it was locked I saw a crew member doing rounds and asked him to unlock it and he did. He said it gets quite windy out there so they keep them locked to keep kids from wandering out there. They also cleaned the balconies from the front to the rear and accessed the balconies from the front decks. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that they locked the doors to clean the balconies and didn't get around to unlocking them. Our steward also mentioned that they clean them like that one time each week.

Yeah, thats probably all it was. I wish they would be a little more attentive to it, there are some of us that really like going out there.

Archived