Cruise Docs, 10 days to go and I don't have them

I am not a newbie, but I let my husband do all the planning this cruise. He went thru a travel agent. I have done the on line documentation, but we never got any cruise docs in the mail. This means no luggage tags. Should I be worried about this? I don't want any slowing down at check-in. I will get the blame, no doubt. I could call the travel agent, but I am trying to let this one be out of my hands. Still thought I would ask all you knowledgable crusie critics. Thanks in advance.

No worries as long as you have your set sail pass printed and your id documents.

You can get luggage tags at the pier. Your luggage might a take a little longer to reach your room as the preprinted tags are color coded and reference ship location (i.e. aft, mid, etc), but it will get to you with just the cabin number.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

Print out a sheet of address labels to take with you. That way all you have to do is slap one of the address labels on the luggage tags the porters give you (also comes in handy for the luggage tags you get for disembarkment).

My cruise is in 7 weeks (2/15) and I just got my docs yesterday - by E-MAIL. No colored luggage tags. E-mail said I am supposed to complete paperwork online, print out what came in the e-mail, (including a baggage tag "cheat sheet" to use at the pier to help complete my luggage tags) and said I will get luggage tags at the pier from a porter when we get there.

So, I am guessing your husband got whatever you are supposed to get and you are in good shape. He's trying to take care of everything for you this time.

Enjoy packing and relax! Have a great time!

I am not a newbie, but I let my husband do all the planning this cruise. He went thru a travel agent. I have done the on line documentation, but we never got any cruise docs in the mail. This means no luggage tags. Should I be worried about this? I don't want any slowing down at check-in. I will get the blame, no doubt. I could call the travel agent, but I am trying to let this one be out of my hands. Still thought I would ask all you knowledgable crusie critics. Thanks in advance.

Call the Travel Agent. Thats what our TA told us if we didnt have them by two weeks before

Your husband may have opted for e-docs or e-docs were default and he didn't change it.

Technically you need the docs only for your luggage tags if you do the set sail pass online. But if you have e-docs you can print your luggage tags anyhow. Otherwise just get blanks at the pier.

If you print your own from the edocs use full sized sticky paper, cut them out and tape'em on your luggage as you do the regular ones. You never know the difference.

:D

Archived