SEVEN SEAS MARINER -- Computers in suites?

JDRMYS

We're sailing on the Mariner next month from Lima to Buenos Aires. We are in an aft Horizon suite. Does anyone know if there are now PCs in the Horizon Suites. In the last few years we have cruised mostly on the Voyager (we love the transatlantic crossings). On the Voyager, the Seven Seas suites have PC's on the desk. On the Mariner, the Horizon suites are smaller but roughly equivalent in space and layout to the Seven Seas Aft suites on the Voyager. I am wondering if they now have equivalent amenities.

If there are no PCs in the Horizon Suites, are there connections for laptops? The last time we were on the Mariner was several years ago when there were not yet any computer connections in the suites.

Thanks for any recent information.

I also have a question regarding the Mariner. Does anyone know if they have been updated to flat screen tv's and the new movie system?

Thanks

According to reports from RSSC, all Regent ships have been updated with flat screen tv's (not 100% sure about the PG since it's only managed by Regent).

As of 12/21/07 the Mariner did not have flat panel screens. Understand they are to be installed in the very near future. I used a laptop on a regular basis from the cabin. At times the signal was weak. I could generally get connected. A trick to know is to prop the door open a tad and that helps the signal. When on the Voyager in 9/2007 I had no problem what so ever. It depends on where your cabin is on the ship. Some points work better than others.

We had no problem getting the wi fi signal in our suite deck 10 near the aft stairwell), but the connection speed is not that fast. If you have to buy your minutes, I'd suggest getting the unlimited package if you plan on doing anything more than reading a few emails. I got one of the limited minutes packages in April (don't remember which one) and went way over the limit even though we were hardly glued to the computer, and it wound up costing about $90 more than the unlimited deal.

Archived