sun beach resort?

toothy26

I did this through Royal Caribbean last week. It was lovely.

Click the Enchantment link in my sig and mosey down to Day 4. There's a review and a bunch of land pix there. I am still waiting for my underwater pix to be developed. For my next cruise, I'm getting an under-water housing for my digital camera.

I still can't deide which excursion to do in Belize. I would like to see the actual city/shops and the island excursions seem to whisk you away from the boat to the beach. Is there time to take a tender to the port after the sunbeach excursion or is that cutting it too close? Any thoughts on this?

We were wondering the same thing....is there enough time to do the Sun Beach Resort excursion and then take a tender to Belize City afterwards to do some quick sightseeing and shopping? We want to do it all.

Wayne and Cathi

Mirarmar Beach, Fl.

We have been to Belize three times, and our fourth visit will be next week on the Enchantment OTS. When you tender in, you will dock at a restricted-access tourist area that runs along the shoreline. There are lots of shops, some bars/restaurants, a tourism office, etc. But this is not the true Belize City! You are permitted to leave this restricted area, but you may find that the armed guards will try to discourage you from going off on your own. DH & I did go off to wander some of the adjacent streets (looking for good beer prices). But unless you're really a good walker (& have a lot of time), there's not much to see in that part of Belize City (you're in a very impoverished area).

As far as doing a beach excursion then going to the shops- maybe, depending on how long your ship will be there. We were able to do both on most of our trips. Ask at the shore excursion desk the day before you arrive at Belize. By then, the crew will have a pretty good idea of how long the ship will be there, what time the assorted excursions will run, etc.

The tender ride between ship and land is longer here than at most other ports due to the large coral reefs that run along the coast. This is why ships don't dock here (no deep water dock), plus it makes for an interesting approach to land. If you're up early (before the ship arrives), get up high on deck and watch the approach- you'll be able to see the convoluted path the ship will take to wind it's way thrugh the shallow reefs.

JerseyGem- Thanks for the info. Did you do excursions on your past trips through the cruiseline or on your own? It seems if we go privately we will get to go through the tourism area and then on to a tour. Maybe that's the way to go? I have read about Coral Breezes as a good choice.

Archived