Your experience with Roatan Excursions, please!

Sunspots

With two hours less at this port, I'd love to hear how passengers and NCL are dealing with the excursions, especially the ones that are longer. I've booked the Tabyana Beach Party and Snorkel tour that is supposedly 5 hours long. Our Spirit cruise doesn't leave until March 2nd, so I'm not rushing out and changing or canceling anything until I know how they are being handled.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

We have been there twice and both times a private taxivan took us to Tabyana. There are 5 of us and the cost was 1/4 of what the ship charged. The driver will drop you off and come back when you tell him. You do not pay them until you get back to the ship, so they are very dependable to come and get you on time. The beach is a good choice.

Thanks, Becky. We may just end up doing that. I was just on the NCL website to have a look at what I had booked overall, and I noticed that you can no longer book Roatan excursions online, and it looks like I don't have an excursion reservation for Roatan any longer.

Thanks for the info that our excursions have been cancelled...

I kinda figured as much. I called NCL on Friday and asked the representative what was going to happen to a similar beach break...Coral Cay...they said to call back Monday.

Rather than wait around, I decided that since many of the folks on my roll call indicated they were booking with Victor Bodden I may as well give it a try. Boy am I glad I did! He's very prompt with response and I felt that it was a fair price: $40 pp (although he offered to discount by $5 pp because of the short time in port, but I declined on basic principal). This included a driver and he would take us wherever we wanted to go, beach, shopping, rainforest, etc. I asked to be taken to Mayan Princess (but again he said that on the way there or after or whatever your driver would take you wherever you wanted to go). Mayan Princess cost is $10 pp if you want to use hotel facilities (check out their website and lovely pool - reviews on CC indicate that there is decent snorkeling just near the hotel reef) or $5 (I think pp) for beach chair rental. If you get a group of 4, the cost for the driver is $25 pp. Value, I think, especially considering that the driver STAYS WITH YOU...and Victor indicated in his email to me that the driver would watch my things while I was out snorkeling! Hoorraaayyy! No more worries about what will be left when I come back in from the water! Also, other reviews of Victor are good on CC so I think he does a good job. Just run a search for Victor Bodden and Roatan and his site will come up (I don't know if I can put in the site here...but it's pretty self explanatory if you get the idea...)

Good luck!

Mary

we used Victor Bodden at Christmas and it was fine. unfortunately the weather was not as it was overcast and there had been a good bit of rain as it was muddy everywhere. did all the standard sight seeing bits but missed out on snorkeling beach side of things which was a little disapointing...

but we still enjoyed it. made it back to ship for a late lunch and then out agin to local shops ( cheap rum in your water bottles - highly recommended:))

we actually docked when itinerary said it was a tender port.....

We used Victor in June, had William as a driver, and couldn't have been happier. We went to Victor's house, played with his monkeys, did the iguana farm, went ziplining, drove around the island and saw the shipwrecks, went swimming at a fabulous beach, had lunch at Half Moon Bay, and met Victor towards the end of the day. A real nice guy. We're using him again for oiur cruise later this month, and he's told us that we can have William again.

Years ago we did the horseback and beach break at the Tabyana and absolutely loved. My friends think I'm nuts that I brag about the hospitality we got in that place. But considering it is thrid world country I loved it. I got my hair braided for 10.00 and had all the drinks I could want.Three is sand fleas so bring repellant and the breeze will keep you cool as it can get really hot. Any questions don't hesitate to ask I'll try and answer as best as I can

regards from Canada

we also used Victor 2 years ago and it was the highlight of our cruise.

The highlight of his tour was the stop at the orphanage ( requested by us), where we dropped off toys and art supplies for the kids we had brought with us.

He can custom design a tour for as many hours as you have.

good luck

We used Roatan Cab Co and were pleased with the girls that run it. We also were taken to the Mayan Princess to swim and have lunch and it was one of the best things we did on any cruise. The beach was lovely and they allowed us to use the pool. The driver stayed with us for the day and took us to local stores to shop. Enjoy.

Archived