Photos of convertible sofa on Spirit class?

MommaOML

I don't have a picture of the couch made into a bed, but here's a picture of the couch itself. (You can click on the thumbnail to make the picture bigger.) The couch is the length of a twin-size bed, so to convert it, the steward removes the thick back cusions, then uses sheets and blankets that are stored in drawers underneath the couch.

It doesn't really convert like a hide-a-bed, they just remove the bolsters and put sheets on it.

DSC00532.jpg.dd7e4302c462733e2112ad68cdab74ca.jpg

Thanks for the pics. What room was the couch in? I just booked a Cat. 11 (suite) on the Spirit and will be using it as a bed. For some reason I thought the sofa was like a pull-out and became like a full or queen. Is it really that the bolsters are removed and it becomes a twin? Are the sofas different in different categories?

Just curious...we've got the room so that's that...now it becomes a decision of who gets to sleep on it! LOL...

Good question, MommaOML!

Thanks for the pics. What room was the couch in? I just booked a Cat. 11 (suite) on the Spirit and will be using it as a bed. For some reason I thought the sofa was like a pull-out and became like a full or queen. Is it really that the bolsters are removed and it becomes a twin? Are the sofas different in different categories?

Just curious...we've got the room so that's that...now it becomes a decision of who gets to sleep on it! LOL...

Good question, MommaOML!

We were in an 8D (on the Lido deck) on the Conquest. I think the sofa beds are meant for only one person, so it would the size of a twin.

Yes, the bolster is removed. We had the same kind of bed on Spirit, too (8C?). Our bolster was stored under our bed (2 twins put together).

There are 2 different convertible sofas - a single and a double. Check the deck plans on the Carnival site and it will tell you what you've got in your room.

Question about the bolsters - do they just sit there loose, or do they attach somehow? My 19 month old son is going to be sleeping on the convertible sofa; he sleeps in a crib at home. I am quite certain that he will fall out of bed. I have read that some people have turned the sofa around so that you can make the sofa into a cage, but that won't be helpful if the bolsters are loose.

There are 2 different convertible sofas - a single and a double. Check the deck plans on the Carnival site and it will tell you what you've got in your room.

Question about the bolsters - do they just sit there loose, or do they attach somehow? My 19 month old son is going to be sleeping on the convertible sofa; he sleeps in a crib at home. I am quite certain that he will fall out of bed. I have read that some people have turned the sofa around so that you can make the sofa into a cage, but that won't be helpful if the bolsters are loose.

The bolsters are actually velcro'd to the wall and are not attached to the bottom of the couch in any way so it won't help for what you need.

Thank you to all who posted pictures!!

lisaland15 - does that actually fit in your suitcase? We have to fly to port, so anything we take must fit in our large 29" rollers.

It seems that I have a few options ...

1. Buy a portable bed rail.

2. Buy an inflatable bed rail.

3. Bring a roll of duct tape, ask the room steward for extra blankets, and Macgyver-up a bolster to put under the bottom sheet to keep him in bed.

4. Bring the pack & play.

Thank you to all who posted pictures!!

lisaland15 - does that actually fit in your suitcase? We have to fly to port, so anything we take must fit in our large 29" rollers.

It seems that I have a few options ...

1. Buy a portable bed rail.

2. Buy an inflatable bed rail.

3. Bring a roll of duct tape, ask the room steward for extra blankets, and Macgyver-up a bolster to put under the bottom sheet to keep him in bed.

4. Bring the pack & play.

Yes, it does fit in the suitcase--bought it at Target.

You could put the mattress on the floor, too.

Maybe sleeping with you and hubby?

Yes, it does fit in the suitcase--bought it at Target.

You could put the mattress on the floor, too.

Maybe sleeping with you and hubby?

My son likes to sleep perpendicular to the intended orientation of any bed. I have slept with him out of necessity before, and it is not desirable for anyone. He kicks. He thrashes. It is not pretty.

I think we might have to pick up a bed rail.

Archived