Clothing for early June???

Outofhere

We're booked for June 7 on the Serenade - RT from Vancouver - and are now trying to decide on what to bring. I know during the day it's advised to wear jeans and layers because it can warm up a bit but what about at night on the ship. My husband likes to wear slipover sport shirts and was wondering if he should bring all long sleeve shirts or will it be comfortable enough for short sleeves. We assume that shorts aren't necessary during the day.

When we went in Early June a couple of years ago, we wore shortsleeves with a fleece sweatshirt. That was more than adequate for most of our stops. We brought jackets and rain gear but didn't need them. That's not so say that when we go back we won't bring all of the extra stuff again.

Nancy

I think you need the same attire for Alaska no matter when you go, meaning layers and warm clothing. Throw in a few light items, even a pair of shorts. Short selves are fine, just have some long ones too.

Necessary- lined jacket, layers, knit hat, gloves, 2 pair of walking shoes, rain gear.

Myself, I never take jeans- way too bulky, tend to get and stay damp and take forever to dry.

I think you need the same attire for Alaska no matter when you go, meaning layers and warm clothing. Throw in a few light items, even a pair of shorts. Short selves are fine, just have some long ones too.

Necessary- lined jacket, layers, knit hat, gloves, 2 pair of walking shoes, rain gear.

Myself, I never take jeans- way too bulky, tend to get and stay damp and take forever to dry.

what kind of pants do you take if you don't take jeans? Do you pack any kind of long johns?

what do you take as rain gear?

I like lined wind pants and leggins, long johns would be similar. :) I have a long walmart poncho, and give my shoes a waterproof spray.

I do pack light and just about always do my laundry off ship in Skagway. Can be done in a little over an hour. Have taked with some pretty darn interesting people too. :)

I like lined wind pants and leggins, long johns would be similar. :) I have a long walmart poncho, and give my shoes a waterproof spray.

I do pack light and just about always do my laundry off ship in Skagway. Can be done in a little over an hour. Have taked with some pretty darn interesting people too. :)

Thanks again for all your help.

would this be comparable to what you get a walmart?

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39299651&memberId=12500226

We're booked for June 7 on the Serenade - RT from Vancouver - and are now trying to decide on what to bring. I know during the day it's advised to wear jeans and layers because it can warm up a bit but what about at night on the ship. My husband likes to wear slipover sport shirts and was wondering if he should bring all long sleeve shirts or will it be comfortable enough for short sleeves. We assume that shorts aren't necessary during the day.

It sounds as though the OP has read the 10,000 threads about layers and such. :D

She's asking about evenings on the ship, right?

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to men's clothing, but what's a 'slipover sports shirt'? A tee shirt? :confused:

It sounds as though the OP has read the 10,000 threads about layers and such. :D

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to men's clothing, but what's a 'slipover sports shirt'? A tee shirt? :confused:

'slipover sports shirt'? I'm guessing that might be a Polo Shirt maybe :)

More dressy than a tee shirt, similar to polo shirts, a few buttons on top, they come in long sleeves or short. They're fine for informal nights.

Archived