Sorry to be dumb-what is a hump cabin

A hump cabin means that it is mid-ship, rather than being an aft or forward cabin. They are the most stable cabins if you are inclined to get seasick. You would need to look at a deck plan to see where it is on the ship.

If you look at the deck plans, on some ships, you'll see where the hull "bows" out near the middle--that's the "hump" or "bump" or "bubble" cabin area. Not all ships have this! Cabins in this area are convenient to stairs and elevators!

The hump rooms are the ones in middle of the ship where it actually humps or bumps out . In the case of the Radiance class of which Jewel is part of some of the end hump cabins have huge balconies. No 1062 is not a hump room.

I read all about these hump cabins but I have no idea what they are.

We are going on the Jewel of the Seas on Feb 17. We have category D1 room # 1062 is this a hump cabin? Thanks for your answers

Hi Jack,

No questions are dumb!!!

Your cabin 1062 on the Jewel is not a hump cabin. Hump cabins are where the ships juts out at the center. If you look at the deck plans for the Jewel, you can see that there are many D1 hump cabins on deck 9. The only hump cabin on deck 10 is the Royal Suite, and a Grand Suite.

Hump cabins are desireable because of the views they afford, as well as the proximity to elevators.

As you can see they bow out from the ship. These cabins are the same size as any other cabin in their category and most of them have the same size balcony. Only a few of them on certain areas of the hump have a larger balcony. On the Radiance class ships especially, there are hump cabins with bigger balconies.

These cabins are in a great location, some of them have a great view, have totally private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that.

The middle of the hump cabins have the best view. ;)

1620 is the Royal Suite. Someone marked it wrong.

2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

If you look at the deck plans, on some ships, you'll see where the hull "bows" out near the middle--that's the "hump" or "bump" or "bubble" cabin area. Not all ships have this! Cabins in this area are convenient to stairs and elevators!

You learn something new every day. LOL:p

I read all about these hump cabins but I have no idea what they are.

We are going on the Jewel of the Seas on Feb 17. We have category D1 room # 1062 is this a hump cabin? Thanks for your answers

Thanks for asking this question as I didn't know either. :)

Winnie

We are on the hump, on the Freedom, on deck 7. Anyone hear of any noise issues? Looks like we are near the elevators.

We were in cabin 8342 on the Liberty of the Seas Dec 15, 2007 which is near the elevators. We never heard noise at all. The elevators are in a hall way between the Internet room and the hall way. We really loved our hump cabin and will get another anytime we are on a ship that has one.

Irene & Miles

We were in cabin 8342 on the Liberty of the Seas Dec 15, 2007 which is near the elevators. We never heard noise at all. The elevators are in a hall way between the Internet room and the hall way. We really loved our hump cabin and will get another anytime we are on a ship that has one.

Irene & Miles

Thanks, thats what I was hoping!

Archived