Same Intinenary twice

dnice1979

I normally can find more three or four things I'd like to do at ports, only way to do it all is to visit the port more than once! Doesn't matter to me if I'm on the same ship or not. As long as I'm on a cruise, I'm happy.:D

I do understand what you're saying, and yes, we don't agree. One day I hope to have cruised everywhere and THEN I will go and repeat.

Life is short..I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. :eek: I have a long list of places to go. I have to get them all in! Afterwards, when I go back to places I've been, then I'll 'tell myself' that I'm someplace different. ;) Not sure I'll believe it but I'll try.

You make a great point I will do something different.

Halos, if it was equally easy to visit every exotic port in the world as to visit Nassau, you'd be 100% right. However, I doubt the choice is between Nassau and a Baltic cruise or Nassau and a Polynesian cruise or Nassau and a South American cruise... I'd say "yes" to the repeated itinerary in order to cruise with my friends, and still hope to eventually hit the other places.

We cruised on the Carnival Valor 9/05 to Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten by ourselves as a "2nd honeymoon" when my husband returned home from his tour in Iraq. Had a great time, but didn't know enough about cruising or the ports to truely take advantage of all there was to do and see.

When we started to plan our next cruise for 1/07, we invited 2 other couples and let them choose which ship and where to go. (They didn't know where we had gone the 1st cruise) Of course they chose the same ports of call but it was on a different ship. Since my husband and I didn't like Nassau the first time we were there, we booked a snorkeling excursion which lasted most of the time we were in port and it worked out great. The other couples toured the island and we met up later on the ship.

As for St. Thomas and St. Maarten there is so much to do that we still haven't seen most of the islands. The only "repeat" activity at any of the ports was the mandatory "bushwacker" break at Paradise Point St. Thomas! It's a must!

Joyful

For us, it has worked great doing the same itinerary twice or more. The 2nd time I don't feel rushed and can focus on what I really like. We are doing the Eastern Carib itinerary starting Saturday. Last time in St Martin we did not get to the French side so that is what we will do this time. In St Thomas we will probably stay on the ship and enjoy having the pools, spa, buffet to ourselves.

Halos, if it was equally easy to visit every exotic port in the world as to visit Nassau, you'd be 100% right. However, I doubt the choice is between Nassau and a Baltic cruise or Nassau and a Polynesian cruise or Nassau and a South American cruise... I'd say "yes" to the repeated itinerary in order to cruise with my friends, and still hope to eventually hit the other places.

The heck with exotic! The OP may have not seen most of the Caribbean yet!! (from her picture, she looks young;) )

And again...if the OP were talking about a port in the Caribbean, I would feel a little differently. Heck, I'll be going to Cozumel again this next cruise and it will be my 3rd time...and I'm not unhappy about it.

Have you been to Nassau???

Maybe I'm in the minority but I much prefer the Caribbean to the Bahamas.

Although I totally agree with you 100% that financially it's a totally different ballgame going to more 'exotic' ports, if you are limited with your money and you keep settling and spending your cruise savings on (the Bahamas) then, you'll never get to try someplace new.

(Just a different way of looking at it.)

Drew, I don't think we'll ever get on the same page with this subject. ;)

Some people really enjoy going to the same places over and over. I have a gf that goes to Disney World every year....OMG, I'd consider that torture. :eek:

To each his own.

All I know is that if the OP were my daughter, I'd encourage her to go somplace new.

jmo.

I haven't been to the bahamas since I was a kid on a land trip. I just booked my first cruise there for this Fall on the Valor. I'm doing a back to back, but with the Western/Eastern itinerary.

Of all the ports, Nassau is the one I'm LEAST excited about, but in several of my past cruises, I've enjoyed the port I was least excited about the most...

I haven't been to the bahamas since I was a kid on a land trip. I just booked my first cruise there for this Fall on the Valor. I'm doing a back to back, but with the Western/Eastern itinerary.

Of all the ports, Nassau is the one I'm LEAST excited about, but in several of my past cruises, I've enjoyed the port I was least excited about the most...

I hope you have a fabulous time!!

Personally, I wouldn't either, especially the Bahamas.

I'm actually doing a cruise in March that is basically a repeat of most ports that I've already been to....It twas kind of a mistake how it came about and I'm going to make the most of it but I won't do this again. There's too much world out there to see that I haven't seen. I shouldn't be going back to the same places.

I don't mind if one port on an itinerary is a repeat..especially if it's Cozumel :D But for the most part I can't see wasting money to do the same thing twice.

Let me change that...wasting is an extreme word here...let me just say I'd rather spend my $$$ seeing something new.

This spring we're actually sailing the same itinerary that we took last summer. Travelling in a family of four, it's just a little more economical to sail out of your home port than to purchase airfare to fly to another port. I don't see anything wrong with it. And we love being on the cruise ship. The way I see it, it's like going to Vegas (which my husband and I have done often). Just because we've been there once doesn't mean we can't go back again and again.

If you have a choice of itineraries, I strongly suggest you try visiting some new ports that you haven't seen before. Your friends could very well find something they enjoy much more than the straw market of Nassau. Personally, I have been to the straw market and would never go there again. I thought it was FILTHY and smelled of rat urine. So talk them into trying some different ports this time. If shopping is what they like, they can shop till they drop in Cozumel. :)

But in answer to your question, yes, my DH and I went on two idendical Conquest cruises, 2 months apart. We went back the 2nd time because we loved the first time so much. We found new things to do in port the 2nd time that were different from the first, and we enjoyed all of them.

I did the same interirary on my last two cruises. Took the Conquest to Jamiaca, Cayman, and Cozumel once in May and once in October. Loved it both times. Did completely different things both times except in Cozumel. I love love love Cozumel. In fact my next cruise is out of New Orleans on the Fantasy in September to Cozumel. I could go there over and over again.

I did the same interirary on my last two cruises. Took the Conquest to Jamiaca, Cayman, and Cozumel once in May and once in October. Loved it both times. Did completely different things both times except in Cozumel. I love love love Cozumel. In fact my next cruise is out of New Orleans on the Fantasy in September to Cozumel. I could go there over and over again.

LOL! We posted almost the same thing at exactly the same time! Must be one of those "great minds think alike" moments. :D

I wouldn't mind doing back to back even on the same ship. We did shore excursions in every port and didn't have much time to just hang out and sample the food and shop. One week we would just relax and hang out and the other week do all the excursions. My question is if we did it could we leave our luggage in the cabin and book the same cabin for both cruises.

Mike

Yes you can, we have a B2B booked on the Ecstasy in April (4-day & 5-day). Cozumel twice progresso once, with 4 sea days...Oh and we are in the same cabin for both cruises...actually it will be our 3rd and 4th time in the same cabin....We like to think of it as our second home.

Cheers!

DW and I cruised Cayman and Cozumel last April and are doing those two plus Ochos this March. We felt that we learned a lot from our first trips to Cozumel and Cayman and would see much more of at least Cozumel on this trip. We loved Stingray City (glad someone else is using their pic too) and are planning to do that for part of our time in Cayman, where there is less to do and it's way more expensive. We've both been to all-inclusives in Jamaica so we know that country already and will find something different to do there, too. Next cruise will be Panama, Costa and Belize though - we have heard a lot of good things about that itinerary.

Basically, we are glad to be out of the U.P. of MI for a week, so if we stopped at the same port every day it's still a gift!!!! :cool:

They want to go back to the straw market in Nassau I could go without going back to the Bahamas

EEEEEEW!!! I was at the straw market in July 2007 and I saw a huge rat run across in front of me. I grabed my friend and got out of there!

Archived