Same Intinenary twice

dnice1979

I apoligize sincerely,

I serached to see if I could find this thread before I started a new one. Is there is anyone who has done the same Itinenary back to back before if so. How did it feel.

My freinds want to do the same intineary however it will be a different ship.

Any thoughts or tips

No problem if it's a good itinerary. The only problem I see is your apologizing for asking a question. Please don't let those few posters on here that remark about that make you feel you can't ask.

Most of the posters here enjoy answering all questions even if they have been posted before.

Happy cruising !!!

Why don't they think about staying on the same ship and doing a different itenerary, there are many ships that have different iteneraries each week.

They want to go back to the straw market in Nassau I could go without going back to the Bahamas

I answered in your other thread, but yes, I have. My first two cruises were 9 months apart, same itinerary, different ship. I didn't have the same experience. Both were great cruises, and I didn't feel like I was on repeat mode. I did different things at each of the islands since there is so much to do.

I have cruised the same itinerary more then once. But never on the same ship. I have cruised on the same ship more then once but not the same itinerary.:D

I don't really want to go back on the same Itinenary twice even though it is on a different ship.

I just don't know what to do?

Other than Nassau what are the other ports on the itinerary? Do you like those ports enough to deal w/ Nassau? You could always treat that port as a sea day and stay on the ship.

I think i could easily do a b2b on the same itinerary as long as I did different activities in the ports.

However.. Cozumel... I could go back multiple times and do the same thing over and over and be happy.

Other than Nassau what are the other ports on the itinerary? Do you like those ports enough to deal w/ Nassau? You could always treat that port as a sea day and stay on the ship.

I think i could easily do a b2b on the same itinerary as long as I did different activities in the ports.

However.. Cozumel... I could go back multiple times and do the same thing over and over and be happy.

it goes to Half Moon Cay, Turks and Caicos, and Nassau we did this itinenary last month

I don't really want to go back on the same Itinenary twice even though it is on a different ship.

You just answered you own question. If you don't want to...then don't.

There are so many itineraries to choose. Pick one that you think you will be happy with. Or do both cruises:D

You just answered you own question. If you don't want to...then don't.

There are so many itineraries to choose. Pick one that you think you will be happy with. Or do both cruises:D

I wish I could afford the two I am going to look again and see what I come up with.

Personally, I wouldn't either, especially the Bahamas.

I'm actually doing a cruise in March that is basically a repeat of most ports that I've already been to....It twas kind of a mistake how it came about and I'm going to make the most of it but I won't do this again. There's too much world out there to see that I haven't seen. I shouldn't be going back to the same places.

I don't mind if one port on an itinerary is a repeat..especially if it's Cozumel :D But for the most part I can't see wasting money to do the same thing twice.

Let me change that...wasting is an extreme word here...let me just say I'd rather spend my $$$ seeing something new.

There's too much world out there to see that I haven't seen. I shouldn't be going back to the same places.

I don't mind if one port on an itinerary is a repeat..especially if it's Cozumel :D But for the most part I can't see wasting money to do the same thing twice.

Let me change that...wasting is an extreme word here...let me just say I'd rather spend my $$$ seeing something new.

You, of course, are welcome to make any choice you like with your $$$. But I always find it very strange that people take a been-there-done-that attitude with a port in which they have spent (in most cases) less than 12 hours. Do you really feel that you have exhausted that port? Don't you think that there is plenty "new" that you can still see there?

I love to visit new places, but if I enjoy one of them and the circumstances are right, I see no problem with returning...

I wouldn't mind doing back to back even on the same ship. We did shore excursions in every port and didn't have much time to just hang out and sample the food and shop. One week we would just relax and hang out and the other week do all the excursions. My question is if we did it could we leave our luggage in the cabin and book the same cabin for both cruises.

Mike

You, of course, are welcome to make any choice you like with your $$$. But I always find it very strange that people take a been-there-done-that attitude with a port in which they have spent (in most cases) less than 12 hours. Do you really feel that you have exhausted that port? Don't you think that there is plenty "new" that you can still see there?

I love to visit new places, but if I enjoy one of them and the circumstances are right, I see no problem with returning...

I agree! I think you have just about enough time to figure out if you want to return or not. That's why we are planning to go back to some for a land vacation....

I agree if it's an island in the caribbean!!...but not if it's the Bahamas.

Also, like I said, there is SO much out there that I want to see so my personal opinion and feeling is that I want to see the places I haven't seen yet before repeating. A large group of my friends are possibly looking into a Panama canal crossing. I just did one last year. There is no way, no matter how much I love cruising with these people that I'll spend all that money to repeat that cruise ...until I've been to Hawaii, Alaska, Europe (all of Europe) etc...you get my point???

I agree if it's an island in the caribbean!!...but not if it's the Bahamas.

Also, like I said, there is SO much out there that I want to see so my personal opinion and feeling is that I want to see the places I haven't seen yet before repeating. A large group of my friends are possibly looking into a Panama canal crossing. I just did one last year. There is no way, no matter how much I love cruising with these people that I'll spend all that money to repeat that cruise ...until I've been to Hawaii, Alaska, Europe (all of Europe) etc...you get my point???

I have a strong feeling once you travel to Hawaii you will return more then once.......

For some reason I can't get enough of those islands lol!

If Nassau is all they care about there are other itineraries available that stop at Nassau. Try talking them into that ;)

Glory Eastern - 7 day Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

Thrimph Eastern - 7 day Half Moon Cay; St. Thomas, USVI ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; Nassau, Bahamas

Glory Western - 7 days Cozumel, Mexico ; Belize ; Nassau, Bahamas

Liberty Western - 6 days Nassau, Bahamas ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Thrimph Eastern - 8 day San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Antigua ; Tortola, BVI ; Nassau, Bahamas

I do get your point, but I don't necesarily agree. You could do entirely different things and tell yourself that you were going to a different port...

I do understand what you're saying, and yes, we don't agree. One day I hope to have cruised everywhere and THEN I will go and repeat.

Life is short..I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. :eek: I have a long list of places to go. I have to get them all in! Afterwards, when I go back to places I've been, then I'll 'tell myself' that I'm someplace different. ;) Not sure I'll believe it but I'll try.

Archived