Wedding Review-Caribbean Princess 12/31/07

dabbado77

What an amazing wedding I had! Here's the review, hoping I don't leave anything out!

When we arrived on the ship, we received a letter in our room letting us know when to meet Christa(wedding co-ordinator) to go over our wedding details. Since we were getting married the 1st day at sea, we met with her the night of embarkation. She had all the information that I had given TWE. I suggest bringing all documents, including final confirmation with you! Also, when you get on the ship, go to the Spa to confirm your reservations!

On the morning of the wedding, I had my pedicure & hair done, which was fantastic! I then made sure to have some lunch, although I really didn't eat much!

Around 1:30 my photographer, Rachel-who I recommend to anyone, came to our room and took some pictures of me getting ready. Around 2PM, there was a knock on the door and the gentleman was there to take my father & I up to the chapel. THat's when it hit me & definitely had tears! The chapel was beautiful (from what I remember), everything was a blur from there on. Captain Kent was great & made us laugh! We also had the videographer Darcy who was amazing as well!

After the wedding, both Rachel & Darcy took us all around the ship for pictures. I have included the link below of our pictures that Rachel had taken. She took over 400 pictures, but after all the blinking, etc, there are 340 to look at. When we were done taking those pictures, we met my family in the atrium for family pictures.

We had decided to do an hour reception after that, so we went to the Wheelhouse bar for some drinks at appetizers. After that, everyone was on their own, so my husband & I had some us time to enjoy the day. At 6:30, we went to Sterling's for dinner, which is where we cut the cake. Rachel met us back there for pictures!

All I can say is that Rachel & Darcy made the day spectacular for us!

If anyone is getting married on the Caribbean Princess, see if you can request both of them & tell them I said hi!

Here is the link of the pictures...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcuG7Jq1YuXGg

Congratulations!! I'm so glad all went so well for you! The pictures are awesome--thanks for sharing!

One question (I'm getting married at sea on the Grand Princess in April)...What did you tell them you wanted for your bouquet? Was it the standard bouquet, just with different color roses or did you add to it? What color did you tell them for the pink roses? Thanks!!

I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Its exciting to look at, too bad I have a whole year to wait my turn..lol

Did the wedding coordinator give you an option or did you ask to married inside or outside on deck? Or did you want to be married in the chapel. Im getting married on the crown with at least 40-50 sailing guests.

Love your pictures. My daughter gets married on Mar 9th cruise and I have 2 quick questions.. Is that the hand tied bouquet? and what time was your reception? She gets married at 3:30 so figured 4:30 for reception and then 6 pm for dinner at Sabatinis Do you think this will work?

Congratulations!! I'm so glad all went so well for you! The pictures are awesome--thanks for sharing!

One question (I'm getting married at sea on the Grand Princess in April)...What did you tell them you wanted for your bouquet? Was it the standard bouquet, just with different color roses or did you add to it? What color did you tell them for the pink roses? Thanks!!

I told them I wanted a mix bouquet with pink & white roses, hand tied!

Thank you! Thank you! I've been waiting for your review -- it is getting so close I thought you would put my mind at ease!! You are beautiful!!

I have a few questions...

Did you have to commit to buying the picture CD ahead of time? or will I have the option on the ship to decide?

Did you pay for extra photography or were all those pictures what was included in the package?

13 days until the wedding --10 days until we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your pictures. My daughter gets married on Mar 9th cruise and I have 2 quick questions.. Is that the hand tied bouquet? and what time was your reception? She gets married at 3:30 so figured 4:30 for reception and then 6 pm for dinner at Sabatinis Do you think this will work?

that is the hand-tied bouquet.

Originally our wedding was supposed to be at 3:30, with the reception following, and dinner at 6:30. They needed to move my wedding up to 2, but they will usually tell you what time the reception will be, unless you tell them what time. I would say an hour after the wedding.

I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Its exciting to look at, too bad I have a whole year to wait my turn..lol

Did the wedding coordinator give you an option or did you ask to married inside or outside on deck? Or did you want to be married in the chapel. Im getting married on the crown with at least 40-50 sailing guests.

We could have gotten married outside, but didn't want to take the chance. There was a later wedding than ours that was outside, but it was a super windy day.

I am not sure what the size of the chapel is on the Crown, but ours held about 25 people.

Thank you! Thank you! I've been waiting for your review -- it is getting so close I thought you would put my mind at ease!! You are beautiful!!

I have a few questions...

Did you have to commit to buying the picture CD ahead of time? or will I have the option on the ship to decide?

Did you pay for extra photography or were all those pictures what was included in the package?

13 days until the wedding --10 days until we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We actually bought an additional package which included the cd & the extra pictures.

Definitely ask to have Rachel as your photographer! She was the best!!!!

Everything will be fine, trust me! It went a lot smoother than I thought it would be!

If you have any questions, let me know!

We actually bought an additional package which included the cd & the extra pictures.

Definitely ask to have Rachel as your photographer! She was the best!!!!

Everything will be fine, trust me! It went a lot smoother than I thought it would be!

If you have any questions, let me know!

So, did you buy the package before the wedding from TWE? or you bought it on the ship? TWE is telling us that if we want the CD we have to order thru them - that we can't buy it on the ship -- but I can't believe that they would turn down a sale!

So, did you buy the package before the wedding from TWE? or you bought it on the ship? TWE is telling us that if we want the CD we have to order thru them - that we can't buy it on the ship -- but I can't believe that they would turn down a sale!

We bought it from TWE.

There you are! I've been waiting for your 'return' as well! :) I'm so glad you had a great day. The photos are great! I wish we had photos of us on the ship as well as the beach.

PS- Every time I see your screen name, I think of my niece, whom we call dabbadoo. I never made the connection and thought that you both would share the same first name and that's why you had "her" nickname as you screen name! lol

Hi!

We saw you and your hubby to be get on the ship and also saw you having your pictures taken on the back of the ship.

We also interrupted your party in the Wheelhouse bar when we were looking for seats for Trivia. (Sorry...)

Met Josh the next day at the Muts. during the Rose Bowl game....What a nice young man.

You looked so beautiful and it doesn't surprise me the pictures turned out so good.

Congratulations. and good wishes...

:)

Hi!

We saw you and your hubby to be get on the ship and also saw you having your pictures taken on the back of the ship.

We also interrupted your party in the Wheelhouse bar when we were looking for seats for Trivia. (Sorry...)

Met Josh the next day at the Muts. during the Rose Bowl game....What a nice young man.

You looked so beautiful and it doesn't surprise me the pictures turned out so good.

Congratulations. and good wishes...

:)

No worries on interrupting our party! Josh is known as the "mayor" everywhere he goes, so it doesn't surprise me that you met him! Thank you so much for the compliment! Still feeling a little sick after the bad day at sea!

Hope you had as much fun as we did!

I am also getting married on the caribbean princess, where did you have your reception at and did you have to request that location. We will have about as many guests as you did. I am so glad i saw your pictures, I also asked for pink and white roses like yours, i was so glad to see them, they were wonderful. Thanks for the review.

I am also getting married on the caribbean princess, where did you have your reception at and did you have to request that location. We will have about as many guests as you did. I am so glad i saw your pictures, I also asked for pink and white roses like yours, i was so glad to see them, they were wonderful. Thanks for the review.

We had our reception at Wheelhouse Bar, which was nice, because we had an area to ourselves. We didn't get to request the location, they told us where it was going to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Your wedding looked so nice. we are getting married march 31 on the caribbean princess and I was curious to know if these pics were included in the package or did you pay extra for specific areas of the boat and the formal pics. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Archived