Clarification of cruise cabin categories

I reserved the cheapest balcony cabin on a the RCCL AOS. (Category E2) This is my first time having a balcony cabin. They have upgrades from E1, D3, D2, D1 (D1 being the most expensive.) I am worried that I am going to have an obstructed view. Has anyone had experience with this cabin category? Should I upgrade? I can't figure out why my room was cheaper than the others. When I look on the deck plan, it shows no rhyme or reason why one room is one category and the room next door is a different category. They are listed as the same size.

thanks for your help.

Monica

Your room unless it is noted does NOT have an obstructed view. The E2 and E1 are the same size and the difference is mostly configuration of the room and how many people it holds. Don't worry the E2's are absolutely fine. What is your actual cabin number?

Did you book a specific cabin, or an E-1 guarantee??? We always pick the exact cabin that we want, so we'll know where we're going to be. (I'm fussy about location!!!)

If you selected the "guarantee", you will get AT LEAST an E-1 balcony, but you may get something better! Good luck!

The different catagory have different values because of location as well as size. The D catagories are a bit larger than the E, and therefore more expensive.

Also the deck and the position make a difference in price and catagory.

Hope This Helps.

Your room unless it is noted does NOT have an obstructed view. The E2 and E1 are the same size and the difference is mostly configuration of the room and how many people it holds. Don't worry the E2's are absolutely fine. What is your actual cabin number?

We are Room 7282 on the Adventure of the Seas. We're in the middle of the boat. Our travel agent just gave us that room assignment. I am not sure how it was selected.

shp_ad_deck07_rc2_dpl.gif

We are Room 7282 on the Adventure of the Seas. We're in the middle of the boat. Our travel agent just gave us that room assignment. I am not sure how it was selected.

The E1's near you are E1 because they either are adjoining cabins (ie have an interior doorway between two adjacent cabins) or accommodate more than two people. On higher decks, all of the E-size tend to be E1, just because of being on a higher deck, which most (but not all) people find desirable. The D category are a bit larger.

Archived