My Mariner Trip 12/16 - 12/23

Nice report. Jamaica was my favorite port. I loved Dunn's and would do it again in a heartbeat. We bought the DVD they make while you climb. You pay I think $20 and they take down your name and deliver the DVD to the ship. It was worth it for the documented memory. The river tubing looks cool too. I'll have to try that next. We too felt very safe and well cared for by our guide, Walter of A to Z planners.

Looking forward to Grand Caymon report:)

Oh great...not only did you get our old rooms, but you got our room service too!! Hey I am missing a pair of Moose Slippers..hmmmm?:rolleyes:

Oh my gosh - that's right. I remember now seeing you all listed for our room numbers on the meet thread. That's soooo weird! Did you like your new rooms?

Also - what are you doing up at 4:54 am this morning??:eek:

This is great! Taking my nephew (10) on the Mariner this March. We are going on the western and am struggling with what to take him on.

Did you plan your excursions ahead on or the ship? Not sure what he is going to want to do. Golly, I hope I don't get the urge to dangle him over the railing...

This is great! Taking my nephew (10) on the Mariner this March. We are going on the western and am struggling with what to take him on.

Did you plan your excursions ahead on or the ship? Not sure what he is going to want to do. Golly, I hope I don't get the urge to dangle him over the railing...

Hi Angie,

I'm sure he'll be just fine. I think my oldest got the full measure of patience God was handing out for our kids, and the youngest ended up with none. :o He did enjoy the kids' club a lot in the evening.

Yes, I did plan all of our excursions ahead of time by using the "Ports of Call" forums on this site. They were also less expensive for the most part compared to the ship sponsered ones. You can start looking at the ship's list, and see what you like, and see if a good reputable private company does the same type of thing. Sometimes the ship uses the same type of company you can contract yourself! Cozumel is the only place where we took a taxi - I'll post that whole day soon.

I haven't started our Grand Cayman day yet - for those of you nice enough to be following this trip. I may have to wait until the boys go back to school on Monday!

Thanks everyone for your kind words :D

Hi Angie,

I'm sure he'll be just fine. I think my oldest got the full measure of patience God was handing out for our kids, and the youngest ended up with none. :o He did enjoy the kids' club a lot in the evening.

Yes, I did plan all of our excursions ahead of time by using the "Ports of Call" forums on this site. They were also less expensive for the most part compared to the ship sponsered ones. You can start looking at the ship's list, and see what you like, and see if a good reputable private company does the same type of thing. Sometimes the ship uses the same type of company you can contract yourself! Cozumel is the only place where we took a taxi - I'll post that whole day soon.

I haven't started our Grand Cayman day yet - for those of you nice enough to be following this trip. I may have to wait until the boys go back to school on Monday!

Thanks everyone for your kind words :D

WHAT!!!! You can't do that!! Wait till Monday!!! I need my fix yo!!! Besides I spent Grand Cayman on the toilet!! I need to know what it's like!! I mean Staci went ashore without me but all she did was shop. (big suprise)

This is so not fair...you give us just enough to get us hooked and then SLAM!!! You cut us off....;) O.K. well I am going to hold my breath until you post again...:eek:

ColoradoMom: I'll be on the Mariner in August and your Jamaica excursion sounds great! Much better than the ones listed on RC website! Do you have a website that I can go to to learn more about this Mark Morris fellow... :). I can't wait to read your next post!!!! Tell the kids to go to school on a Sunday!

Love the review. It brought back memories Im LOVED climbing the falls. We also booked a private tour and it was great. I would do it again in a heart beat.The tubing looks good, we did the rain forest and Margaritaville after the falls.

Thanks for sharing and posting the pictures.

ColoradoMom: I'll be on the Mariner in August and your Jamaica excursion sounds great! Much better than the ones listed on RC website! Do you have a website that I can go to to learn more about this Mark Morris fellow... :). I can't wait to read your next post!!!! Tell the kids to go to school on a Sunday!

Here is his website - I would also recommed that you e-mail him through the contact tab on his web page and simply ask if he has room on your date and if he will be personally guiding your tour. I only read one review of his where there were so many people, he had an associate drive a separate van. Also, Marva Shaw and Phil Lafayette are two other co.'s with great reputations :D

http://www.markstours.com/tours.html

Love the review. It brought back memories Im LOVED climbing the falls. We also booked a private tour and it was great. I would do it again in a heart beat.The tubing looks good, we did the rain forest and Margaritaville after the falls.

Thanks for sharing and posting the pictures.

Thanks Judy!! I must admit the Falls are growing on me now that we're back and I look at the pictures. It was fun. :)

WHAT!!!! You can't do that!! Wait till Monday!!! I need my fix yo!!! Besides I spent Grand Cayman on the toilet!! I need to know what it's like!! I mean Staci went ashore without me but all she did was shop. (big suprise)

This is so not fair...you give us just enough to get us hooked and then SLAM!!! You cut us off....;) O.K. well I am going to hold my breath until you post again...:eek:

RON, RON -- Breathe -inhale -- ok, now exhale -- are you OK? Don't scare me like that!

Sorry about Monday but it's a bit crazy around here on the weekends!

I'll try to hurry! Grand Cayman was great :D

RON, RON -- Breathe -inhale -- ok, now exhale -- are you OK? Don't scare me like that!

Sorry about Monday but it's a bit crazy around here on the weekends!

I'll try to hurry! Grand Cayman was great :D

<Breathing into paper bag> (which is much better than throwing up into one). Waiting......finished yet??

I'll have to bookmark this...I'm sitting on the edge of my seat too...

we leave Feb 10 for the same cruise...funny..as a mother we feel like the travel agent, tour guide, seating planner, activities director etc etc..good for you for heading to the M&M on your own..I'll most likely have to do the same...

Get those kids off to school!! LOL

Did you rent water shoes at the falls or take them> if you took them did they have to have straps on them?? these are great picts? are they all from the cheapy waterprood camera or did you take a good camera with you to the falls...

Good googa mooga she's slower than the IRS with a refund check. I know what it is...she's holding out for money. I bet if someone offered to pay for her next cruise she would post it today.:D If she doesn't post it today I am going to throw my moose slippers at her.;)

I just found your TR and am enjoying it!!!

I also am a huge Disney fanatic (I go on the dis quite a bit too) and I'm actually getting married at Disney, following the same cruise you just went on! I have never been on a Disney cruise so I wasn't spoiled on it before this one so I should be set... plus you make it sound like so much fun. You're getting me so excited! Can't wait for more!

I just found your TR and am enjoying it!!!

I also am a huge Disney fanatic (I go on the dis quite a bit too) and I'm actually getting married at Disney, following the same cruise you just went on! I have never been on a Disney cruise so I wasn't spoiled on it before this one so I should be set... plus you make it sound like so much fun. You're getting me so excited! Can't wait for more!

Archived