My Mariner Trip 12/16 - 12/23

Super review, Coloradomom! Felt like I was right along w/you when I read it (esp. since I've been to the same ports and had to laugh about exiting Dunn's River Falls Park through the entrance! Been there, done that - after having to hold hands w/about 10 vendors trying to get us to buy things as we exited our first time there.) I REALLY identified w/you best in regard to your statement:

When you travel with a group or family with kids, and you are the planner, it is hard not to feel the weight of responsibility for everyone having a great time.

I have SO felt like that and experience stress from this. It's the one thing I hate everytime we bring people w/us! Although I know I'm NOT responsible for their fun, I sure feel like it. . . Also, in regard to kids and trying to get them in the "groove" at first, we can all identify w/the RCCL commercial about a family on an adventure to find a very elusive thing - which turns out to be catching their daughter smiling. (They should give that ad person a huge bonus because he/she nailed what we go through w/our kids!)

Glad you liked the promenade room since for a Xmas gift I upgraded my dd and son in law's cabin from an inside to a promenade.

I'll be on the same Mariner cruise is March as a previous poster, MsWitty, who told those of us on our thread about your review. Thanks again for writing it! (I think RCCL should give you a commission for getting them some Disney clients!) ;)

• 5 months later...

Hey ColoradoMom! Thanks so much for the link to your review. It's really fantastic, and gave me some stuff to think about/look at for my November cruise on Liberty (same itinerary).

I too got my family hooked on cruising with a short Disney cruise and had book Mariner eastern as a follow-up. Ended up that week had a large group on board, so we switched to Navigator which we did two years in a row, followed by Explorer and Liberty coming up.

I was a little nervous about Jamaica, but you've given me some peace of mind.

Love your writing style and totally agree with the feelings of wanting to hang your whiny kid over the rails and feeling responsible for everyone's happiness simply because you planned it.

For me, I give them printouts of excursions and ask what they'd like to do...I get no response, so I have to use my judgment, which is hit or miss. Oh well. At least I have a good time!!

Thanks again for the link!

Archived