Booking Next Cruise While Onboard?

PamUK

We will be on the Independence in June and have already decided to book another cruise for 2009 which we want to do onboard so we get the onboard credit. Question - do they only book cruises onboard or can you book them inclusive of airfare and pre-cruise hotel? Also, if I book two consecutive cruises back to back will I get OBC for both cruises?

Thanks

Pam

When you do a Nextcruise booking, you basically are just reserving a booking number. All it takes is one name, $100, and that's it. Once you have the bookiing (reservation) number, you can then add anything you want to it: # of travelers, ship, date, cabin, air, hotel, xfers, insurance, anything.

You can also make more than one Nextcruise booking at a time. This way you use one for each leg of a b2b, and get OBC for both.

I don't know if I can do Nextcruise in the UK, I asked about it when we were on the Navigator last June but they said they couldn't do it in the UK. I had to actually book the cruise and pay the full deposit in £'s not $. It would be great if we could do it.

Thanks

Pam

We will be on the Independence in June and have already decided to book another cruise for 2009 which we want to do onboard so we get the onboard credit. Question - do they only book cruises onboard or can you book them inclusive of airfare and pre-cruise hotel? Also, if I book two consecutive cruises back to back will I get OBC for both cruises?

Thanks

Pam

I can't help with the booking on board question, although I'm sure I've read that "next cruise" is not available to us in the UK.:(

But I would recommend that you get some quotes for flights/hotels etc before you book. We have done it both ways ( thru' RCCL and independently) and it's likely you will be better off booking cruise only and arranging the rest yourselves!

Where are you thinking of going?

Thanks

Pam

It all depends on how far in advance you are booking your cruise. Usually you can't book a flight more than 330 days ahead of time. If you are booking within 330 days they can see flights and stuff like that. I personally never let them handle my airfare. I like direct nonstop flights at particular hours of the day. And if you are one of those who likes to fly in a day before, you can do much better just finding a hotel on your own.

Where are you thinking of going?

In the current brochure there are two seven day cruises out of Venice doing Greece/Turkey/Croatia etc which we like the look of. We thought we could do them as a B2B with a night stay in Venice before we board. Of course that may all change when next year's brochure comes out. If that changes then we'll probably do something out of Barcelona. I was thinking that the advantage of going with RC for the airfare & hotel etc is that they would be responsible for getting us to the right places at the right time rather than us trying to work out how to get from the airport to the hotel to the ship. However, if the RC airfare is going to be hugely more expensive then I would probably go independent, but I don't mind paying a little bit extra for the convenience of them doing the organization at that end.

I was thinking of something out of Barcelona myself for 2009. Maybe the 7 night Classic Mediterranean cruise. Or I was also thinking of a back to back cruise. They have a 5 night that can be followed up with a 4 night.

I was thinking of something out of Barcelona myself for 2009. Maybe the 7 night Classic Mediterranean cruise. Or I was also thinking of a back to back cruise. They have a 5 night that can be followed up with a 4 night.

The only problem we have with going out of Barcelona is that it will repeat a lot of destinations that we will have already done last year and this year. The Venice cruises don't repeat any of our previous destinations.

All your answers have got me thinking (which is an achievement for a Friday afternoon in work:D ) So I have been on to Expedia and working hypothetically using this years dates I could get return flights to Venice for under £200 for two of us including all taxes. I think thats a good deal so maybe I could do it independently. I'll talk it over with DH tonight but until the new brochure is out everything is hypothetical! Roll on Jun 14th, I soooo need my next cruise:)

The "Next Cruise" option isnt available to UK Cruisers :mad:

But you can of course as you mentioned book another cruise onboard hence still getting OBC :D

I have to say I have found the prices RCCL charge for flights far far too expensive and always book our own flights.

I would suggest you just book the cruise only while onboard and if you find later that RCCL's flight/hotel prices are cheaper then you can add them into your booking.:D

Thanks Liz, I have to ask but what does the WHWY Cruiser mean in your signature?

Pam

WYWH...means "Wish You Were Here"..it was/is a group of cruisers from CC who sailed on the Mariner in Oct 05 who "bought" a horse onboard and we called him "Wish You Were Here" and he had lots of postcards on him...oh yes and we won haha :D

Archived