Nile cruise dress code

TAD520

Hi all,

We have just booked to go on a Nile cruise and was wondering if they generally have any sort of dress code in the evenings.

I have checked on the tour operators web site (Sonesta) but can not seem to find anything about dress code mentioned.

Thanks in advance,

Tracey

I'm going on a Nile cruise as part of a larger land-based Egypt trip in February. The guidelines I received suggest it's very casual. They only mention bringing a nice pair of pants or a skirt for dinner. I have heard from others that dress is casual as well. Often there is also a "dress up" night where folks wear something Egyptian (galabiyehs, or Egyptian caftans, can be bought just about everywhere, including in all the bazaars you will pass and probably on board your cruiser...)

Tracey - would that be the Sonesta - St. George? We'll be on that ship next year for our Nile cruise. We've done previous river cruises and they are pretty casual with dress codes.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Yes we are on the Sonesta St George, which looks great so really looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I guessed it would be a more casual affair but just wanted to check that no tux etc would be needed.

Thanks,

Tracey

Beautiful work, Mike! I loved the one of you both in traditional garb! It looks fabulous and you are right about Horus being an important god. He's one of the big 8. He defeated his evil Uncle Set and brought justice and right to a world mired in confusion and deceit.

Can't wait to see this in person!

Charlie

Beautiful work, Mike! I loved the one of you both in traditional garb! It looks fabulous and you are right about Horus being an important god. He's one of the big 8. He defeated his evil Uncle Set and brought justice and right to a world mired in confusion and deceit.

Can't wait to see this in person!

Charlie

That particular basalt statue of Horus is one of the finest in Egypt. Many carvings are in soft stone, but that one has retained its original finish and luster. I felt the power emanating from it!

It's great when statues and momuments 'talk' to us. My husband was especially taken with the Ring of Broknar in the Orkneys. He said he could feel the power vibrating through the stones. I could tell by your eyes that you felt something too.

Thanks again for sharing your incredible shots - by the way, did you get to Saqqara? I'm really hoping to see Zoser's step pyramid.

Charlie

It's great when statues and momuments 'talk' to us. My husband was especially taken with the Ring of Broknar in the Orkneys. He said he could feel the power vibrating through the stones. I could tell by your eyes that you felt something too.

Thanks again for sharing your incredible shots - by the way, did you get to Saqqara? I'm really hoping to see Zoser's step pyramid.

Charlie

There are some places in the world that have speaking stones. Certainly the Ring of Brodgar is one of them! But, oddly, for me at least, Stonehenge was not. I felt the power at nearby Salisbury Cathedral instead. Another place where the power is still felt is the island of Delos near Mykonos, and the Artemission of Ephesus.

Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/britpics.html

and

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/med.html

and

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/holyland.html

But it is strongest, for me at least, at the Western Wall in Jerusalem. If I felt it so strongly I cannot imagine the effect it has on a truly pious Jew.

The step pyramid is another very strong place. Be sure to get there. Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/egypt3.html

for a picture of a guy looking silly on a camel at Sakkara!

Archived