SCUBA diving in Curacao

lgeisz

The diving in Curacao was very good, considerably better than Aruba. I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise, but since I usually recommend to others to make their own dive arrangements, that is what I did. I went with Caribbean Sea Sports. They are based at the Marriot, not that that matters. I would recommend them to other cruisers. Nice people, nice boat, and less expensive than the ship's excursion.

I liked the diving in Curacao enough to want to go back there for a week of diving.

• 9 years later...

We recently dove in Curacao. We chose not to go with the cruise expedition and am SO glad we didn't. We went with Bas Harts and it was a once in a lifetime experience. The diving was SO easy and Bas was the BEST. He picked us up at the dock so it was perfect. The best part was that the dive was it was tailored to us. Check out his reviews on tripadvisor. Can't say enough about the experience. It was so wonderful that we are thinking of doing a trip just to Curacao.

We went diving in Curacao on a Celebrity Cruise, but we didn't book with them. I went to the Dive Bus (shore diving) and we loved it. We were the only 2 divers that day, so our guide did whatever we wanted - he was fabulous. It was kind of a rough entry/exit (jagged rocks) - but nothing too awful. We were also able to clean our gear at the shop before getting back on board, which was great. I'd definitely use the Dive Bus in Curacao again - absolutely.

In Curacao we used Curious2Dive. Hans Pleij came to pick us up from the pier, and drove us back.

He and his DM have underwater cameras and took lots of nice pics. He then puts them online for you to download, no extra charge. That was very nice, whereas in some other places they'd want to sell you the pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Check out Bas Harts diving. Excellent personal service. Wonderful diving. Very different experience. He customizes dives for his clients. It had been quite a few years since our last dive.He took wonderful care of us and built our confidence up again. Fantastic is all I can say.

that was great. My nephew, a very experienced diver, said Curacao was good diving. The mushroom forest looked great, as did the tug.

The mushroom forest is a great dive. The tug to me not so much by Curacao standards very shallow a boat load of snorkelers could show up. The shore nearby has been heavily fished at some time the bottom on the way out was covered with broken fishing lines. Great viz very easy dive a bit of a drive. Our operator warned us that is was not the safest place to leave stuff in the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been diving with The Dive Bus for years and years, and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Suzy and Mark are an absolute hoot!

Their house reef is OUTSTANDING and it's some of the most relaxing diving you can ever do.

If you tell them Wendy and Keith sent you, they'll let you come dive with them anyway. ;)

Wendy

Another great dive shop is Curious2Dive - Hans will personalize your dive trip based on your interests and abilities. He's a Curacao native that knows all the dive sites and is on good terms with the locals.

The best Curacao diving is shore diving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk