Info in Agadir, please

Canuker

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I personally found out on booking private tours from the port of Agadir. I DID find someone that gave us a great bid on a day tour from Agadir to Taroudant for our January 09 Jade cruise. Problem was that when we got down to really booking it, the price rose AND the vendor required money down in British pounds sent to an address in England. :confused: That was not acceptable to me, the tour organizer, or the others who had signed up with me from our roll call. I believe at least one of the roll calls for the Jade in November 08 may still be using this tour guide, but on our sailing we decided to go with the ship tour (which was $49. pp when I booked it but recently went up to $55. pp) as the price was very comparable to the private tour and no advance deposit required. So perhaps that is what others are finding out as they do research, as well.

Here is what I personally found out on booking private tours from the port of Agadir. I DID find someone that gave us a great bid on a day tour from Agadir to Taroudant for our January 09 Jade cruise. Problem was that when we got down to really booking it, the price rose AND the vendor required money down in British pounds sent to an address in England. :confused: That was not acceptable to me, the tour organizer, or the others who had signed up with me from our roll call. I believe at least one of the roll calls for the Jade in November 08 may still be using this tour guide, but on our sailing we decided to go with the ship tour (which was $49. pp when I booked it but recently went up to $55. pp) as the price was very comparable to the private tour and no advance deposit required. So perhaps that is what others are finding out as they do research, as well.

Be careful when asked to wire money in advance to someone you just exchanged a few emails with over the internet. Some do ask for a deposit but nothing more than 35%, and others do not at all ask for any deposit, but I have never heard of anyone asking for the whole quote in Advance and ask for it to be sent to an address somewhere. :confused:

Be careful when asked to wire money in advance to someone you just exchanged a few emails with over the internet. Some do ask for a deposit but nothing more than 35%, and others do not at all ask for any deposit, but I have never heard of anyone asking for the whole quote in Advance and ask for it to be sent to an address somewhere. :confused:

We were asked to send a down payment, but in British pounds, when the original agreement for the currency was in US dollars and I was told originally that we could just pay after the tour. :confused: The "rules" changed, and that is why our roll call group of eight backed out.

We were asked to send a down payment, but in British pounds, when the original agreement for the currency was in US dollars and I was told originally that we could just pay after the tour. :confused: The "rules" changed, and that is why our roll call group of eight backed out.
I'm on the November 18th sailing of the NCL Jade with a stop in Agadir. I ended up booking with Graham (sp?) and sent a £40 cash deposit (had cash left over from a UK trip in 2007) to his brother in Glasgow UK. The remainder of our payment will be in Moroccan Dirhams the day of the tour ~ which is from Agadir to Taroudant. We could have taken the tour offered by NCL, but decided that we'd like a smaller group. I didn't have problems sending in the deposit. I know that small tour operators do have problems with no-shows. In Lisbon, the private tour I arranged required full payment in advance. I also had to pay in full in advance via bank transfer for a tour I arranged in Egypt 2 years ago.

Guess I generally tend to be fairly trusting with internet transactions, as I have yet to encounter any problems, and have been active in the internet community for MANY years. I even met my husband via computer in 1993 before there was an internet as we know it today. :)

I'm on the November 18th sailing of the NCL Jade with a stop in Agadir. I ended up booking with Graham (sp?) and sent a £40 cash deposit (had cash left over from a UK trip in 2007) to his brother in Glasgow UK. The remainder of our payment will be in Moroccan Dirhams the day of the tour ~ which is from Agadir to Taroudant. We could have taken the tour offered by NCL, but decided that we'd like a smaller group. I didn't have problems sending in the deposit. I know that small tour operators do have problems with no-shows. In Lisbon, the private tour I arranged required full payment in advance. I also had to pay in full in advance via bank transfer for a tour I arranged in Egypt 2 years ago.

Guess I generally tend to be fairly trusting with internet transactions, as I have yet to encounter any problems, and have been active in the internet community for MANY years. I even met my husband via computer in 1993 before there was an internet as we know it today. :)

I sure hope all goes well for your group's tour. Please report back on Cruise Critic about your experiences and if Graham actually gives the tour himself (?) like reported by someone on this thread, or if he just contracts it out as Morocconguy suggests. I believe your group got in on the prior pricing that was shown on their web site, so that will be a better deal than what they are offering now. As I recall it beats the ship's tour price, plus you will have a smaller group. Have fun! :)

We also went through Graham for our upcoming December tour in Agadir. He emailed me that they are very much in operation and working hand in hand with Sahari Tours. So, maybe that is why they can still operate in Morocco?

Guess we will see what happens when we arrive in port. If no one shows up, it is a lesson learned, and we will just play it by ear.

Like JoanieBlon, we haven't been burned by an internet tour guide yet, so we are keeping our fingers crossed on this one.

• 4 weeks later...
We also went through Graham for our upcoming December tour in Agadir. He emailed me that they are very much in operation and working hand in hand with Sahari Tours. So, maybe that is why they can still operate in Morocco?

Can you tell me how to reach Graham? I've failed to locate a web site for him. Based on this board, I was hoping to use Souss Tours, but he's already booked for the day I'm there in December.

Thanks much!

Doug

Can you tell me how to reach Graham? I've failed to locate a web site for him. Based on this board, I was hoping to use Souss Tours, but he's already booked for the day I'm there in December.

Thanks much!

Doug

If you will email me, I will provide you with Graham's email address. :)

Archived