Comfort Suites- which one?? FLL

RoadTripFanatic

I'm looking at either the Comfort Suites at Fort Lauderdale West or the Comfort Suites at the Cruiseport/Airport. Which should I pick? They are both in my price range and I can't decide. I picked the comfort suites because of the free transportation from the airport and to the cruise port. A lot of hotels d/c their service at 11p and my flight comes in at 11p!!

Thanks!

We've stayed for 3 years at the Comfort Suites West in Davie and have been very happy with the place. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating, the shuttle operates efficiently, and the breakfast is a tasty FULL meal (not just danish and coffee). The only downside: there is no pool.

The hotel is in a safe and walkable area, with a Ruby Tuesday, Public grocery and CVS pharmacy (all at the same intersection) about a third of a mile away. Adjacent to the property: Shoney's and Waffle House.

We planned to book this hotel for our upcoming cruise later this year, but the prices are fully 40 percent more than we've paid for 3 years running. So, we decided to research an alternate this time around. Of course, the prices of everything have gone up these past couple of years, but 40 percent seemed out of whack to us. By the way, we always go in December, so the price change doesn't seem to be a function of traveling at various times during the year.

No experienvce with the other Comfort Suites near the airport/cruiseport.

Hope this helps.

We've stayed for 3 years at the Comfort Suites West in Davie and have been very happy with the place. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating, the shuttle operates efficiently, and the breakfast is a tasty FULL meal (not just danish and coffee). The only downside: there is no pool.

I'm so glad to read your opinion. We have this Comfort Suites, in Davie, reserved for one night pre-cruise in February.

Glad to read the breakfast is FULL, not just continental. No time for a pool for us so that wasn't an issue.

We choose it mostly because we are getting in very late (midnight) the night before our cruise and because we are 2 couples traveling together and did not want to spend much money on a room for that short time.

This place has a separate bedroom and TWO bathrooms. It makes sense for us to share a room with this amount of privacy and convenience.

I did call to make sure of the set up and was told it was as described.

Any other experiences with this place?

We stayed at the Comfort Cruise Port/Airport in November. I would grade the hotel a c-. Only 1 elevator was working, so not only was it constantly filled with guests, but the staff was using it regularly for the work as well. The hotel was not as neat and clean as other Comfort Inn's we have stayed at, it looked as though it was older than it seemed from the decor in the rooms. Even though it was free transp to the pier, it was a battle. When we checked in, we completed a form for the time we wanted to be taken to the port (11:00). People were starting to converge at the entrance at 10:30, and if I hadn't opened my big mouth, we probably would still be standing there. The transp co. did not use the form at all. they just starting taking people as they stood in line. We have a cruise booked out of FLL in November, and we will find someplace else to stay for 1 night and I will have a car service take us to the port.

We stayed at the Comfort Cruise Port/Airport in November. I would grade the hotel a c-. Only 1 elevator was working, so not only was it constantly filled with guests, but the staff was using it regularly for the work as well. The hotel was not as neat and clean as other Comfort Inn's we have stayed at, it looked as though it was older than it seemed from the decor in the rooms. Even though it was free transp to the pier, it was a battle. When we checked in, we completed a form for the time we wanted to be taken to the port (11:00). People were starting to converge at the entrance at 10:30, and if I hadn't opened my big mouth, we probably would still be standing there. The transp co. did not use the form at all. they just starting taking people as they stood in line. We have a cruise booked out of FLL in November, and we will find someplace else to stay for 1 night and I will have a car service take us to the port.

EEK! I just booked this hotel. Luckily our flight doesn't get in until after 11p so we won't have to fight too many people for the hotel elevator!

Was the hotel dirty or was it just old?

Please clarify if you are talking about the Comfort Suites West in DAVIE.

I know there are several Comfort Suites in the area. Although I know different people have different opinions, but it's hard to understand how someone can rate it well and others rate it so poorly.

So far I've read mostly positive reviews on these boards on the DAVIE property.

Please clarify if you are talking about the Comfort Suites West in DAVIE.

I know there are several Comfort Suites in the area. Although I know different people have different opinions, but it's hard to understand how someone can rate it well and others rate it so poorly.

So far I've read mostly positive reviews on these boards on the DAVIE property.

Archived