Fridge in Cabins

cleob

DH and I are sailing on Serenade on 3/8. Is there a mini fridge in every cabin? We are getting an inside cabin on this cruise as it is so port intensive we will never be in our cabin. I know in some hotels if you touch the fridge/honor bar at all you get charged for every item moved. Would I be able to have the things in the fridge removed so I could store a few sodas or small bottles of juice or water without being charged?

I loked at the 360 tour of inside cabins on both ships and both appear to have the refrigerator in the desk.

If the minibar is stocked, simply ask your room attendant to remove eveything. That is what we do to avoid being charged $3 for a candy bar and to make room for our own stuff in the fridge.

They will remove everything for you if you ask.

Radiance (Serenade) and Voyager (Mariner) class ships have fridges/cooler boxes in all cabin but they are stocked with RC product. There is room for some of your own soda cans, etc. or you can asked your cabin steward to make room by removing some of the RC stock.

Our superior inside on Legend didn't have one and this is the case, I believe, for all of the older ships such as the Vision, Sovereign class ships and Empress except for upper end cabins such as suites.

My ocean view stateroom on both Rhapsody and Vision did NOT have mini fridges - but since I travel with medication (Enbrel) that requires refridgeration, I emailed RCCL special needs about a month before my cruise and they happily provided me with a mini fridge and sharps container - free of charge.

I wasn't sure if my Empress OV Stateroom would have a minifridge so I have emailed them again and received a very nice email back saying that they will ensure I have a minifridge in my room.

Archived