All things Independence of the Seas

english rose left out the other reason they cruise from the u.s. and that would be me and my family:D we met english rose right here 4 years ago on cruise critic and the rest is history.

we visited her last summer (my boys are there twice a year). south hampton is beautiful and we were there for over a week and didn't do everything there is to do is that area. if you've seen the move THE HOLIDAY with cameron diaz that's what the area looks like.

i am so happy this thread was JUST started. all those other "all things...." threads already have thousands of posts and it is impossibe to read back but this is great.

ronrocks.......don't overthink this.......english rose and family......and my family will be onboard. between us we have 4 teens. by cruise time they will be 1 boy 19, 2 boys 17 and 1 girl 15.

again so happy to be part of this from the beginning

Great thread...thanks so much for all the info on Southampton!! We are sailing on her inaugural in a few short weeks. There are only 3 posts to the thread I started...sure hope that others are as excited as we are:confused: . The trip is a surprise birthday present for DH, am bursting at the seams to keep it a secret until March 30!!!;) His grandfather emmigrated from Cork to Pennsylvania so there is a real tie to his heritage!!

Hope to see some of you ...

Cheers,

eileen

Great thread...thanks so much for all the info on Southampton!! We are sailing on her inaugural in a few short weeks. There are only 3 posts to the thread I started...sure hope that others are as excited as we are:confused: . The trip is a surprise birthday present for DH, am bursting at the seams to keep it a secret until March 30!!!;) His grandfather emmigrated from Cork to Pennsylvania so there is a real tie to his heritage!!

Cheers,

eileen

I would guess that there will be a lot of Brits on your sailing and sadly at the moment this site isnt very well known in the UK hence why you might not have many on your roll call.

But from what I heard on TV the other night..you will get the Red Carpet & Champagne treatment on the 2nd May Inaugural sailing :D

Thanks, Liz...this will probably be the only inaugural we'll ever have an opportunity to do...kind of exciting. Please post any tidbits of information you glean from tv...hope to meet you one day!!!

e

No problem you are more than welcome :D

On Saturday night there was a travel show on UK TV...it was an TA type of show so I cant give the name of it on here(not allowed to advertise TAs).This show was all about the Independence. I didnt manage to see it all but I am hoping it is repeated later this week so if it is and they give any other bitties of info I will post it here.:D

Hi Liz- thanks for starting this thread. How are you doing ?

Let us know if you see that programme on again and what day and we can do our own search LOL

Lots of great info here- let's keep this thread going.

Hi Laura I am very well thanks and hope all is great with you :D

Ok did a check,the programme wasnt a TA ..it was a Home shopping channel...and it was on Freeview channel 22/Virgin TV 747/Sky digital 634

It is on again wed 23rd 8pm but it doesnt say if it is the Independence one...fingers crossed that it will be.I might be able to find out in the morning if it is and will post here to let you know.

Hi Lisa & Sue :D

I would think there should be more info/pics coming out soon of the ship.

I dont know yet what date I will be on her,waiting for it all to be finalised.:D

i will also help to keep this thread going. i'm not boarding the independence until the new years cruise:mad: this is great it will give us another place to go and get pumped....like we need something else:D

:D aahhh, kindred spirits!!!:D :D

"20:00Amazing Cruise Holiday Show

Discover why cruising is the fastest growing holiday choice. Here is your opportunity to see the ships, destinations and on board experience plus one amazing deal on a very special cruise. "

Lets keep our fingers crossed !!

jj.......

"20:00Amazing Cruise Holiday Show

Discover why cruising is the fastest growing holiday choice. Here is your opportunity to see the ships, destinations and on board experience plus one amazing deal on a very special cruise. "

Lets keep our fingers crossed !!

jj.......

wonder if this will be shown in the US??

Hi everyone :D

Sorry bad news for UK TV watchers,the show tonight isn't the one about the Independence :(

Nothing new to report today about the Independence.:(

If anyone hasn't seen pics at all of the Freedom Class ships, you can see some pics of the Liberty in my sig. These were taken on the UK Pre-Inaugural of the Liberty last April.

Ohh I just had a thought, with the pools being heated on the ID I might have to pack my swimsuit for the Pre-Inaugural :o

Hi Eileen

we're also on the Cork trip at the beginning of May, it was also a surprise bday trip for my husband, but it didn't stay a surprise for long. He could tell I was up to something because apparently I was grinning from ear to ear :) We did the same trip on the Navigator last year and it was a great break, not too short. The only thing last year was we only stayed a few hours in Cork, this time we're staying overnight. The town where we will dock (Cobh) is very quaint

Not long to go now

Berni x

Cheers,

eileen

Hi Liz - Hi all

Just doing a daily check-in!

Liz - thanks for the link to IoS photos - wow - she is looking good! :D

I started a thread about general RCI stuff, and if ok, will stick with thread this one as it is going strong.

A question I had was about snacks during the day. My 13 yr old is a locust, a grazer, a piglet a fast-food fiend - so he is just going to love this cruise! During the day, is there somewhere to pick up a free snack - I know there is a pizza place, Johhny Rockets etc, but I was wondering if snacks and drinks are offered at say the Windjammer during out of hours dining? We are planning to take up the soda offer - I read on the website it was $4 per day for kids sodas. I know it makes me sound cheap, but on our last cruise our son racked up $$$$++++ on snacks and drinks as a lot of it wasn't included.

Any advice is much appreciated.

thanks

Lisa

:D

Berni, we'll have to arrange a meet somewhere for birthday toasts...can you give me some ideas of what to do in Cobh & Cork???

Lisa, are you on the inaugural, too??? I'm certain there will be ample food for your "locust"...Windjammer is open nearly all the time, there should be pizza, soft-serve ice cream, etc. Lots of fresh fruit, too!!

Time will fly, I'm sure until this cruise. Just absorbing every bit I can about the ship...our first inaugural trip!!

Cheers, all

e

Hi Lisa :D

My teenager loves Room Service for his snacks ...be it 2am or 5am..he loves ordering Burgers/Sandwiches/Tea/Cookies/Cheesecake/fruit plates etc etc

The Cafe Promenade is another favourite of ours for snacks-pastries/wee sandwiches/cookies etc...and it is open day and night :D Tea and Coffee is also available for free 24 hours on the Royal Promenade...darn having mind burp here cant remember if it is in the Cafe or Sorrento's Pizza place.:o

The Windjammer is of course the other place for snacks etc. Can't remember the opening hours but it closes about 9pm. It is open for brekkie/then switches to lunch/then afternoon tea. It closes I think for an hour-5-6pm and then it starts serving dinner.

Johnny Rockets is open until 1am I think.

My teenager (18)always has the soda card..infact he still had it on our Med cruise even though he could drink alcohol then.

Liz

No signs of the pre inaugural invites :(

We were on the Freedom and missed out on our Lyberty invite due to a Voyager Transatlantic cruise.

Watching for the post man every morning :eek:

Keep us posted with dates :)

42 Royal Caribbean cruises and counting