Has anyone sailed from Cape Liberty in a downpouring rain?

We sailed from there in May and notice that the luggage is collected outside, loaded on trucks and then transported to the ship, unloaded from the trucks and then loaded onto the ship. All the luggage spent a lot of time out in the open. We're sailing Saturday and it's suppose to be heavy rain and worry about all the luggage getting wet. Is there a back up plan for this process if it's raining?

If it's anything like Miami and Ft. Lauderdale , they do have covers that fit over those rolling racks....keep in mind though those workers are not loading their luggage.:eek: They will do the best they can, I wouldn't worry about something you don't have much control over.

Last weather report I heard and I live in South Jersey is that the rain may only get south of here because a front is coming down from Canada and not allowing Ivan to get this far north and it will fizzle out soon. Worst I have heard is light drizzle early, early Saturday. It should stop before you even get to the port in Bayonne.

Jimbo:)

I live in South Jersey Jimbo:)

Hey there Jimbo~~Long time no talk!! How are you?? What have you been up to......

Looks like we will be in your neck of the woods next week. We just sort of jumped on this ship last week.......I know, not like us, It's not going out of Florida!! LOL!! And yes, we actually have to fly to the port.

Tobi :)

How about people debarking and waiting for rides? All of the people just kind of line up with their luggage in the drop-off/pick-up area and wait. I remember last June our car service driver asked one of the security people "what happens if it rains?" - he responded "we try not to think about that!"

Hopefully, there won't be a problem. I imagine eventually a sheltered area will be erected.

Thanks for the replys. Just in case, I stopped by our local beer & soda distributer and he gave me 4 of those large heavy duty clear plastic bags they use for cans and plastic bottles. Our bags will fit in those and so we'll put them in the car and when we get there, put them over the bags before the porters take them if it's pouring. Would hate to see our formal wear to be ruined before boarding. Chuck

the remains of the storm will be pushed off shore in North Carolina, making for potentially cloudy night on Saturday if your heading in that direction. Rain from Ivan will be heavy toniight but clearing out of NJ tomorrow early sometime as Jimbo said.

Archived