Anyone still have NCLs Credit Price Schedule for rebooking to POA after America sank?

livermorenancy

Anyone out there remember way, wayy... way back when....as NCL was rebooking all the passengers from the Pride of America to the Pride of Aloha, there was a thread and I think also an NCL press release that listed future cruise credit to be given if one was moved from a larger cabin to a smaller one on the Pride of Aloha. I want to say it was something like $350. OR $250 if moved from the Owner's suite on the POAmerica to the Owner's suite on the Pride of Aloha but not sure. Anyone have an old complete listing????? Thanks, Nancy

Has anyone gotten these certificates or anything else that was supposed to help compensate for the downgrade in cabin category?

We went from a Balcony to an inside and I have not heard or gotten anything since (FYI we are paying less for the inside, so the loss is much more emotional than financial). We sail in about 3 weeks, so I don't know if shipboard credit will be waiting for us (I would prefer that to a future cruise credit but doesn't sound like I get to decide that).

Does anyone know what others have recieved for the change from PO-AM to POA?

Thanks - Laura

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just happened onto this post. Can someone tell me what happend with the sinking of Pride of America? I have made resv's for Pride of America for Dec/05 and I didn't know anything about this. The TA said it was a new ship.

Thanks

Minybear

I just happened onto this post. Can someone tell me what happend with the sinking of Pride of America? I have made resv's for Pride of America for Dec/05 and I didn't know anything about this. The TA said it was a new ship.

Thanks

Minybear

It is a new ship - just a year late. The ship got caught in a storm while they finishing it in Germany the first time (really the second if you include the hull). It filled with water and sank at the peir flooding 3 decks.

They had to settle the insurance and bebuild the electronis and power plant.

It is a new ship - just a year late. The ship got caught in a storm while they finishing it in Germany the first time (really the second if you include the hull). It filled with water and sank at the peir flooding 3 decks.

They had to settle the insurance and bebuild the electronis and power plant.

Thanks shoreguy that explains it.

Thank you soo...much. My TA faxed a letter from us with all the price info from the chart you sent me and NCL gave us the additional future $500.cruise credit! Couldn' thave done it without you saving the old info from January!

SWEET! So glad it helped you out!

I leave on the POA tomorrow! ALoha!

I'd still like to know if anyone has gotten the "Future Cruise Credit" for ending up in a cabin other than booked. I also think it's odd the NCL "knows nothing about it" when it was a letter from them posted on their behalf by Laura. Wasn't NCL the one who provided the link for the credit schedule?

• 1 month later...

Yes-My TA sent NCL an attached doc of the room credit schedule sent to me by a "Cruise Critic" fan and NCL gave me the promised Future Cruise Credit from the "sinking" of Pride of America back in Jan.'04 and taking a "lesser" cabin. That credit was given to us "Plus" the credit they gave us for taking the Pride of Aloha in its first months. I'm pleased!

Yes-My TA sent NCL an attached doc of the room credit schedule sent to me by a "Cruise Critic" fan and NCL gave me the promised Future Cruise Credit from the "sinking" of Pride of America back in Jan.'04 and taking a "lesser" cabin. That credit was given to us "Plus" the credit they gave us for taking the Pride of Aloha in its first months. I'm pleased!

Thanks for letting me know. It's just too bad that the TA has to send NCL a document that the company produced themselves.

Thanks for letting me know. It's just too bad that the TA has to send NCL a document that the company produced themselves.

Too bad but evidently the trend. I have a $140 cruise credit on NCL letterhead that was supposedly noted on our latitudes number. I just booked the NCL Star to Alaska for next May. My TA had a hard time convincing NCL that I had this credit and the gist of it is that I have to mail my letter FROM NCL back TO NCL for them to credit my account. They sure don't make it easy. :rolleyes:

Archived