Formal night on Majesty?

odyzander

What night is formal night on the Majesty of the seas? We leave on the 4th of Feb and was curious as to when the formal night was and what it entailed. Looked on the sight but can not find any info except where a suit. Is there a special meal or is it just to get dressed up. We were thinking of skipping it because we do not feel like packing a suit in a carry on. Is it just easier to go to the Buffet?

On formal night, the food in the dining room will be better than the buffet. Formal night is usually the 2nd evening. If this is a short cruise, you can get away without the "suit" and use a sportscoat (I know--takes up the same amount of space!) I guess you're not checking any luggage???

If you don't want to do the DR, maybe Johnny Rockets would be better than the WJ.

I agree you could just wear a jacket instead like the above poster stated. We're not taking extra fancy clothes for our formal night either. It's not worth the hassle of carting it there and back.

No we are not taking any checked luggage. This is my first cruise so I am clueless. We are on a four night, so would that make it the night we are in Nassau? My husband wanted to wear a really nice sporst coat with a pair of dark jeans but i read that he should not do that. He mentione to me if it was on a Nassau day we should just do an all inclusive day at a resort and skip it.

We just sailed on the Jan 7th Majesty and formal night was the 2nd night (Nassau). As I can recall, Filet Mignon was the Chef's special that night.

Although there were many people that did dress up (suits and dresses), there were also a significant number of people that did not, including my DW and me. I wore a collared shirt and slacks and my DW wore a nice blouse and slacks.

Since the cruise is a short cruise, there is not much emphasis on the formal night as with the 7+night cruises.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Michael

just got off the majesty 4 nighter on the 18th. my fiance just wore dress pants, button up shirt, and tie. table mate wore dress pants, and button up shirt, no tie. many people were dressed casually. food in the dining room better than buffet, but not any better than any other night in the dining room.

just got off the majesty 4 nighter on the 18th. my fiance just wore dress pants, button up shirt, and tie. table mate wore dress pants, and button up shirt, no tie. many people were dressed casually. food in the dining room better than buffet, but not any better than any other night in the dining room.

Were there many tuxes? REally, I'm trying to decide to take mine or not.

Majesty of the Seas many times and have not seen too many men wear Tuxes and very few women wear gowns on the shorter sailings! Seven nights and longer is much more formal! Most people on the shorter sailings do not even know that Royal caribbean has a Formal night because it is their first time cruising! You do not to bring your Tux only if you want to wear it but no it is not necessary! Hubby and I just love the Majesty she is a beautiful ship and fun as well to set sail on!! ! Enjoy and Happy Majesty Sailing and Bon Voyage!!!

Recently (Jan 08) Majesty, about 90% followed the dress code, at least on deck 4.

Surprisingly, I saw a few tuxes on my 1-14-08 Majesty cruise. Not common for shorter cruises but some people dress to take the elegant photographs.

I don't remember what was served in the dining room, I'm sure I had the beef dish. I don't think it was filet mignon as I love it and would've remembered.

Surprisingly, I saw a few tuxes on my 1-14-08 Majesty cruise. Not common for shorter cruises but some people dress to take the elegant photographs.

I don't remember what was served in the dining room, I'm sure I had the beef dish. I don't think it was filet mignon as I love it and would've remembered.

It was likely the tenderloin (basically filet mignon) in roast form not steak. Absolutely yummy

Did the (3) day last JUly and did not find many people dressed...waiters even told us we did not have to... Leaving on the (4) night Majesty on Monday and will take dress black shirt and a vest... thats as dressed up as we are getting...

Did the (3) day last JUly and did not find many people dressed...waiters even told us we did not have to... Leaving on the (4) night Majesty on Monday and will take dress black shirt and a vest... thats as dressed up as we are getting...

See you onboard! :D

Archived