British passport holder - do I need visa for Rio??

KBC

Hello

My understanding is that UK passport holders are not required to obtain a visa to visit Brazil...

I would feel better if I had word from a fellow 'Brit' that had done the trip. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Many thanks

Hello

My understanding is that UK passport holders are not required to obtain a visa to visit Brazil...

I would feel better if I had word from a fellow 'Brit' that had done the trip. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Many thanks

You dont need a fellow brit to tell you. just go to brazil consulate web site

e.g. NY to find out that UK citizens are exempted from visa requirements

Pasha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Generally speaking, Brazil requires visas for citizens of countries that require visas or charge a fee for Brazilians to enter that particular country. Thus US citizens need a visa costing exactly the same fee that the US levies on Brazilans, and since the UK requires no visa or fee from Brazilians, no visa is required to enter Bazil. If this changes I am sure Brazil will change the requirement.

What about all other European Citizens, we are Irish and German and want to go to both Brazil and Argentina. Does this mean that we do not need a visa for either of these 2 countries?

Thanks for any help.

While Cruise Critic is a great source of information, it is not an official source of visa information for any country. For your own peace of mind you should visit the appropriate consulates.

Think of it this way, can you really say to the immigration officer, "But that is what they told me on Cruise Critic"?

While Cruise Critic is a great source of information, it is not an official source of visa information for any country. For your own peace of mind you should visit the appropriate consulates.

Think of it this way, can you really say to the immigration officer, "But that is what they told me on Cruise Critic"?

Excellent advise!!! Also, since such things are constantly changing, getting your information from an official source makes sense. Just because a fellow citizen did (or didn't) need a visa when they went to a certain country, don't mean you will have the same requirement(s).

Actually, you probably wouldn't have the opportunity to say anything to an Immigration official. You wouldn't be allowed on the airplane/ship without the proper documentation. Our passports were checked many times for our Brazilian visas before we could board our flight to Rio.

Any monies paid for your vacation/holiday would be lost.

http://projectvisa.com/countryinfo.asp?countrycode=br

Here is a website link for you. You can look at all the different countries requirements in South America from any citizenship.

It is a good place to start but this is still not an official website for any country (though it does have links to some of the official government websites). Even the disclaimer on the website says it should be used as a guide only.

Archived